VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I have to celebrate with my omni family.

I brought spaghetti with me and my grandmother made me an "untainted" bowl of mashed potatoes for sake of celebration.

It wasn't so bad, but my aunt sat next to me while I was having my spaghetti and exclaimed, "That is not a Thanksgiving dinner."

·
Registered
81 Posts
We brought our own veggie gravy for the mashed poatoes, so we ate that. We also ate some corn, green beans, fresh bread with olive oil and spices, and we also had salad.

The funny part was that's what everyone ended up eating. The oven wasn't working right and the turkey ended up not being cooked. So the entire family had a vegetarian dinner

·
Registered
715 Posts
Eat too much!!

I have Thanksgiving with about 20 omni relatives, and sometimes my one vegetarian cousin comes, but she's usaually out of state. Anyways, there's lots to eat. Tofurkey was the main course for me this year, and I found it very tasty! Mashed potatoes... All the veggies like green beans and corn and that... Rolls. All the regular food besides turkey. And desserts! It's great!

And WonderRandy is right, there are many more threads on this subject.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I'll prolly be cooking my own dinner for t-day, hahaha so far I've learned to cook for myself. though I'm eating lots of veggie pockets XD, anywhooo thanks though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
We don't have thanksgiving here in the UK though Christmas has a similar kind of turkey dinner. My omni hubby and I have Christmas dinner by ourselves as we don't go to see the family until after dinner. We do the usual roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, vegetables, sage and onion stuffing etc, Then I have Quorn "chicken" instead of chicken or turkey.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
You do know this is March, right?

Not meaning to be rude at all, just a little curious as to the timing of this thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts