VeggieBoards banner

Synthetic riding saddles?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  avocado 
#1 ·
I know there are some riders here!

I am looking at some synthetic saddles, in particular this one.

Does anyone know if it is comfortable and balanced for a beginner?

I saw another cheap saddle, but it was leather and had calf leather too.

Do you have any other suggestions for good saddles, or a website where I can buy used saddles? My price range is up to $300, which is little for a saddle, but I don't want to buy an expensive one. Also, I ride English.

Thanks!

#3 ·
I've always found synthetic saddles quite comfortable, and I can't say I've ever heard of a preference between them and leather ones. As long as it's the right style and size, I wouldn't say it being synthetic will make any difference to a beginner. Might be better to switch now if anything, instead of riding for years on leather saddles

#8 ·
Trial period is a good idea so it can go back if it doesnt fit the horse properly. That one looks quite decent (although Im not really a fan of knee patches myself, although suppose I could be if I had more of a chance to get used to them). If youre looking for a "vegetarian" saddle though, it doesnt mention that the suede is fake, just the leather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.