386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are these supposed to be:

:nonvegan:

Etc....

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Could you elaborate? I don't understand the question about the smileys.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see a colon then a word or phrase then another colon.

So... : word/phrase :

Am I missing what should be little faces?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Yeah. There are a bunch of smiley codes involving a word in between colons. Is your browser blocking them or something?

·
Registered
566 Posts
reminds me of the time they had just gotten smileys/emoticons on MSN messenger and I didn' thave the latest version so all I kept seeing was (sun) ...and I was getting really frustrated until someone explained it to me. Turns out it was a smiley face with sunglasses on

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

This. Seeing just the code when I'm mobile has helped me to learn to type a lot of the smileys instead of having to bring up the smiley menu and hunt for the one I want to use. Of course, now that I know the codes, I find myself typing them in places like Facebook, where they don't translate into smileys. But my VB friends over there know what I mean.
I've almost done this a lot too! Especially when I see a picture of food or something, I post : drool : and then I remember I'm not on VB and have to delete it

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Quote:

This. Seeing just the code when I'm mobile has helped me to learn to type a lot of the smileys instead of having to bring up the smiley menu and hunt for the one I want to use. Of course, now that I know the codes, I find myself typing them in places like Facebook, where they don't translate into smileys. But my VB friends over there know what I mean.
i have a bunch of people from another forum on my fb and we've actually had a full conversation in smiley codes on someone's status

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Quote:

I do that all the time! I'll type it in on some website and then realize I'm not on VB and no one will understand. The one I find myself typing the most is:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts