1 medium onion

1/4 medium red bell pepper

2 cloves of garlic

1/4 cup of olive oil

1 teaspoon of salt

1 teaspoon of capers

Instructions:

------------------------------------------------------

1. Set a marmite of water to boil, with salt.

2. While water is heating, cut cauliflower into florets. Chop up greens (if kale is used, removal of central stem is advisable).

3. When water boils, add pasta, cauliflower, and greens to water. Set timer for approximately 12 minutes.

4. Chop onion, garlic, and red bell pepper into small pieces. Add breadcrumbs, olive oil, onion, garlic, pepper, and capers all into frying pan. Stir fry for apprimately six minutes.

5. Drain pasta, greens, and cauliflower. Put into dish, and add contents of frying pan (onion, garlic, etc) to dish as well. Mix thoroughly, until everything is lightly coated with breadcrumbs.

Additional comments:

------------------------------------------------------

Pescetarians may enjoy adding anchovies to this dish.

·
Registered
29,962 Posts
Heh. I had to look that up too. This is the only Marmite with which I was familiar.

Apparently, those more gifted in the culinary arts than I also know of this marmite.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah... a marmite is a type of pot I suppose. It's just that... I dunno... "pot" seems so non-specific. It seems like it could refer to a saucepan and other things too.

Just boil the pasta in what you usually boil pasta in! That's all I'm saying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.