VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter claims that the bacteria that invade our mouths while we're sleeping contain all the B12 we need. She says simply swishing w/ water in the morning and swallowing is all we need to do. Anyone ever heard this before?

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia View Post

My daughter claims that the bacteria that invade our mouths while we're sleeping contain all the B12 we need. She says simply swishing w/ water in the morning and swallowing is all we need to do. Anyone ever heard this before?
Bacteria invade our mouths while we are sleeping? Sounds scary. Don't we already have a lot of bacteria in our mouths? Why do they need to wait until we are sleeping to invade? I can just see them getting all excited as we head off to bed. "Now's our chance!!!"

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Quote:

What's her source?

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Quote:

I'm not sure. She's a Seventh Day Adventist, so it would not surprise me if she read it in an SDA publication.
In case you're wondering, I wasn't asking to be argumentative - I'm just genuinely interested.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

The bacteria that you need isn't in your mouth, it's in your rectum. So, you need to swish and swallow your toilet water.
Done and done.

I wonder if you get any b12 from farts? Being the fantastic flatulator that I am, I, and the northwest side of Chicago, might not need a supplement.

~Wonder

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Bacteria that invade our mouths while we're sleeping... Are these the same bacteria responsible for "morning breath"?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

Bacteria invade our mouths while we are sleeping? Sounds scary. Don't we already have a lot of bacteria in our mouths? Why do they need to wait until we are sleeping to invade? I can just see them getting all excited as we head off to bed. "Now's our chance!!!"
It's been a while, but something about the conditions of sleeping (increased saliva production? Open mouth? I can't remember!) give bacteria that's already there a chance to multiply. That's why you're supposed to brush at night and in the morning. And yes, Indian Summer, that is the cause of morning breath.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria View Post

It's been a while, but something about the conditions of sleeping (increased saliva production? Open mouth? I can't remember!) give bacteria that's already there a chance to multiply. That's why you're supposed to brush at night and in the morning. And yes, Indian Summer, that is the cause of morning breath.
OK, well multiplying and invading from the outside are very different!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

OK, well multiplying and invading from the outside are very different!
Yes, but then there are those nine spiders that everyone is supposed to have swallowed in their sleep (urban legend, I hope. Anyone else heard that one?).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.