VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm so glad to hear that they made the effort to help this kitten and give it the care it needed. Great story. <3

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Bird View Post

I'm so glad to hear that they made the effort to help this kitten and give it the care it needed. Great story. <3
Isn't it great? Brought a tear to my eye.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Made me cry too - especially since the 'after' pics look so much like my beloved Tigger. Blessed be the vet who did this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I showed this to my husband (after warning him that the first thing he would see was the 'after' so not to freak out over the 'before'). He's omni but is very moved by cruelty to pets. He was also moved to tears and said it gives him hope for the human race that a vet would volunteer thousands of dollars worth of work. This time last year we paid $2K just to find out that our cat couldn't be saved (very advanced cancer which she had managed to hide from us until she was struggling to breathe, as animals do so they don't appear weak) so I can only imagine what the cost of this reconstructive surgery would have been.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Awwww. He seems like such a lovely cat too. I'm glad they gave him a chance <3

I have a cat who has a scar across her face, so the story especially touches me. (her nose is misshapen and she has a strip of fur growing backwards. can see pic here http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5245/5...5c951af3_z.jpg her old owner neglected her and didnt even notice there was anything different, so we will never know how it happened. the vet thinks it must have happened when she was a very small kitten which is why it healed so well)

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

I have a cat who has a scar across her face, so the story especially touches me. (her nose is misshapen and she has a strip of fur growing backwards. can see pic here http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5245/5...5c951af3_z.jpg her old owner neglected her and didnt even notice there was anything different, so we will never know how it happened. the vet thinks it must have happened when she was a very small kitten which is why it healed so well)
She's adorable.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
THEY TOOK MY FACE!

·
Registered
961 Posts
that was a cute story. im glad that there are decent people in this world and they gave that little kitty a chance. so cute

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

THEY TOOK MY FACE!

THE BEES! THEY STING, JUSTIN!

On a more serious note, it's sad that this happened but very heartwarming to know that the kitty got out of it okay. Some people piss me off to no end, but others make me smile at their dedication and compassion.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Wow. I was amazed at how fast he healed. The vet did a fantastic job. So glad there was a happy ending for this precious baby.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

She's beautiful!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.