VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This place sells a lot of various t-shirts and tops, all made in L.A. by people making a decent living wage. They also recycle all their fabric scraps and are looking into other ways of minimizing their enviromental impact. They have some nice things, especially in the women's section. There's also baby stuff. Just thought some of you'd like to know about it. It's rare to find a company not exploiting third-world countries to make their clothing.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks for the link! I'll have to bookmark this one for future reference. They have nice, basic clothes, too, which is a big plus in my book.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they're mainly for people wanting to do silk-screened prints, or that's who mostly buys them anyway. I found out about them when I happened to buy a shirt at a concert I went to (they make it clear on their tags that they use no sweatshop labor). I was surprised when I looked at the tag, and thought it was really cool for this singer to make her shirts with these. Most bands use Hanes or some other big brands that are made in Honduras or wherever.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, and for the record, the fabric they use is really nice. It's all cotton, but the weave they use makes it really soft and stretchy.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I hadn't looked at this thread yet, but when I saw the ad in Herbivore magazine for AmericanApparel.net I remembered the thread title. I was just coming to post their link. I didn't know that they were what this thread is about. Now I do, so I'll leave.

Ta!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts