VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oops, I meant to add this to the Survivor thread. Such a noob mistake to make.
Oh well.

Quote:
'Survivor' Gals Strip For Playboy

Mon, Jun 9, 2003 11:14 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - When the American people last saw Jenna Morasca and Heidi Strobel disrobing, they were emaciated and willing to remove their clothes for peanut butter and chocolate. An opportunity to see the "Survivor: The Amazon" gals under healthier circumstances and without that annoying pixelation will come with Jenna and Heidi appear tastefully naked in the August issue of Playboy.

The New York Post reports the pictorial, featuring 21-year-old model Jenna and 24-year-old gym teacher Heidi, was shot soon after the show's May 11 finale. Jenna, who won the season's million dollar prize, may snag another million for her spot on the cover of the men's magazine.

Playboy Editorial Director James Kaminsky, who calls the peanut butter incident a "classic moment of primetime television" tells the Post that "Survivor" producer Mark Burnett and CBS had the right to decline the girls permission to pose, but chose not to.

"As soon as Mark Burnett found out that we were making these overtures to the girls, he thought that this was a great thing and supported it," Kaminsky says.

Soon after her victory, CBS actually denied Jenna's request to pose semi-nude for a PETA anti-fur ad, a position the network later went back on.

Apparently Playboy has had to accelerate its production process to get the "Survivor" pictorial on the streets less than 90 days after the photo session.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Now that's a survivor story I can get down with. You know, I have no idea what those two even look like. I have never watched a single episode of "Survivor." I'm a freak, I tell you!!! (and proud of it)

·
Registered
0 Posts
when Survivor: Africa was airing, if Kelly was in a restaurant or a store or anything, when anyone working there would ask her if they could help her or what she wanted, she would launch into: "Hey! Do you watch Survivor? Well, you should, because *I'm* on it!!" and they'd just kinda look at her funny. she was oblivious...but she's so happy now....she got her fame, even if it is a silly kind of fame. if you do an internet search for her name, you get all kinds of hits for fan sites.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by michael_veggie

I hate survivor mainly the Survivor: Australia because they killed a LIVE pig on it
Typically, if you are going to kill something, it has to be alive beforehand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts