VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Annikat, my heart goes out to you. I lived with my parents until I was 22, as well, and it drove me nuts those past two to three years. I hated the constant questions and being treated like a teenager. Now that I've been living on my own for... oh... seven months, I really like it. Not that this helps you any.

If your mom tells you you're not doing housework up to her standards and you should leave it alone, have you tried doing that? Does she get upset if you clean up your messes but leave the actual cleaning to her?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
What employment options do you have? Do you have secretarial skills? Can you wipe butts and therefore be a nurse aide? A lot of people have put themselves through college working a job with flexible hours and decent pay. And by decent pay, we're talking $7-10/hour. Since you live in Indiana, I'm guessing pay scales run similarly there to my location in Ohio.

The more hours you work, the more money you get, the more respect you may earn from the bosses, and the less you have to be at home.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Annikat, I don't think anyone's saying you're not trying. You asked for our advice, and we're attempting to bring up ideas you may not have thought of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts