VeggieBoards banner

Have you stuck gum under a table at restaurants?

• Yes, I do it all the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have on occasion

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching Kitchen Nightmare tonight, Ramsay looked under tables to reveal how much gum was stuck to the tables. I know people do this, but I never have. And I have never seen anyone do it. But the evidence is there. So, the question is: are you guilty?

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Not that I can recall, that's wicked gross.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
For the life of me, I've NEVER understood why someone would do this. yet they do. all the time. I don't get it, I just don't...

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

For the life of me, I've NEVER understood why someone would do this. yet they do. all the time. I don't get it, I just don't...
I know, right?

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

No, but I always seem to end up touching someone else's.
Yup, all the time. Ick! I am pretty sure did not do the gun sticking before.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I did as a kid, only because I saw other people do it.

I mean, geez... There are napkins available. Plus, you're an adult. You know to pee before long road trips, and you know you're about to eat... so dispose of your gum before you arrive.

Maybe all the gum comes from kids, and its one of those things you just grow out of... like eating your boogers, maintaining a booger-wall, wiping your earwax on things, and overall just leaving a long slimy trail of kid-fluids wherever you go.

Heck, as a tiny kid I even ran up to my Mom for a hug, just so I could wipe my nose on her shirt. That didn't go over so well...

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

Maybe all the gum comes from kids, and its one of those things you just grow out of... like eating your boogers, maintaining a booger-wall, wiping your earwax on things, and overall just leaving a long slimy trail of kid-fluids wherever you go.

Heck, as a tiny kid I even ran up to my Mom for a hug, just so I could wipe my nose on her shirt. That didn't go over so well...
Not likely, seeing as how I've never found a desk on my campus(community college) that has been gumless.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Nope, i could have plenty of times, times at school when i knew i wouldn't get caught because it wasn't an assigned seat, but i didn't because i felt it was disrespectful.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

Funny as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I always just swallow my gum...
Sticks with ya for 7 years, buddy.
Austin Powers: Really?
Dr. Evil: No, not really. I can't back that up.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I used to sometimes at school, and then one time for detention they made me scrape it off all of the desks and I've never done it since!

If I have nowhere to put it, I swallow it (very often)...I'm aware it's bad for you but I don't like to leave it anywhere else.

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Yucky, I've never done it and I also hate stepping in fresh gum that's just been spit out on the sidewalk.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Speaking of swallowing gum, idk if it still exists but there was skittles gum, and i got it like once, and you guessed it every single time i would try to chew a piece i'd end up eating it instead, so i really saw no point lol.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Certainly at school there were some desks with chewing gum welded onto them, sometimes i would use a ruler to try and lever the gum off, other times you couldn't get the desk open because of the stuff. Quite a few of the desks had an aroma of stale fruit gums.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts