VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was writing to tell everyone to check out Vegan Actions site http://www.vegan.org. Please subscribe to our e-newsletter while you are there.

Help the Certified Vegan Campaign Grow

Vegan Action administers the Certified Vegan Logo, an easy-to-recognize symbol applied to foods, clothing, cosmetics and other items that contain no animal products and are not tested on animals.

The logo helps vegans to shop without constantly consulting ingredient lists; it helps companies recognize a growing vegan market; and it helps bring the word "vegan" --and the lifestyle it represents-- into the mainstream.

Currently, we have certified over 400 products. You can help our campaign grow:

1)Ask companies with vegan products to download an application from www.vegan.org. Tell them that vegan certification is important to you.

2) Write companies that are currently using the label and thank them!

Because we certify products and not companies- any company that makes even one vegan product can use the logo.

For more information visit http://www.vegan.org

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
I'm not going to buy products on basis of your logo.

I'll stick with the vegansociety logo.

Comments:

-There is no explanation what vegan means in the application form.

-There is not even a list with basic things that can't be in the product.

-it is totally unclear how you check if it's vegan.

I'm sorry but it is not good enough for me.

See www.vegansociety.com for the trademark package.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
A company would do it to be recogniseable for a certain group of customers.

$120 isn't much money, other "logo's" have the same or higher entrance fee with extra payments at certain turnover limits.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the companies applies for logo use we go over all of the ingredients and processing. We are working on posting a list of guidelines so that consumers can better understand the certification process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.