VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty decent day today, it was kind of warm so I kept things rather light.

Protein drink (usual)

L: a couple small tacos with fantastic taco filling, and lettuce, salsa.

D: Same as lunch

Snack Granola bar

That taco filling is awesome... tastes great, and easy to do.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Eek! I forgot this thread existed... sorry muzicfan.
I'm still interested, but I don't know if it's worth your time and trouble to keep it going for me and you, if no one else pops up.

As always, it's up and down for me. I got interested in raw foods via Oatmeal's thread on the subject, and the good news is I've been eating a lot of whole fruits and veggies. Like, more than I thought was possible for me to eat in a day. And that's replacing some of the less healthy things I usually eat. I've also been loading up on water (if I don't slow down soon I'm going to sprout gills!) and cutting *way* down on soda. My wallet likes it because the fruit and veggies are cheaper than their processed counterparts, and since I've pretty much stopped eating out now, I have a lot of money left for other pursuits.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I've put on a few pounds in the last couple weeks, as my pants are starting to get tight on me.
Well, that's not exactly the end of the world, but it reminds me that I need to keep on track.

How are the rest of you doing?

~NS~

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I know most of you hate this thread, because you do not care for the word diet.

However, since my life change, I have lost 20 pounds in about 6 weeks. I went to the doctor, we weighed myself, and he was amazed. We talked about what I was doing, and he told me to keep it up.

Yea Me..... I am so proud.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am interested in joining you two!I am trying to lose about 20 pounds.I exercise 5-6 days a week,but still cant seem to lose anything!I know for sure that its my diet.It really sucks!

Can I join y'all?

VM

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Sorry I haven't posted the last few days, I have been in Korea.

Well, things are crap.

As a result of the no smoking, I seem to have put on 2 kgs. Yes. TWO. Despite having clocked up only 3000 calories over the past 5 days. (and having walked aroun 5 kms a day)

I really do not understand my body anymore. I feel very disheartned.

I know it isn't just about losing weight - it is about being healthy. But I am still gutted.

ETA:

I feel.. ashamed. Really bloody ashamed.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Schoska,

Are you sure it's the food? It is possible to gain temporary weight from water retention. Also, what the heck are you doing eating 600 calories a day?!?!?! Am I going to have to get out the whacking stick again?

Come on. We all know that we need to eat to lose weight. We all know that we need to eat to survive.

Ah, why not

Muzicfan,

Don't be surprised if the weight lose does not continue at 2lb per week. I don't know your weight, but as you get lighter, dropping 2lbs per week would require major starvation and exercise.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I"ll post too! I am still trying to lose about 20 lbs.I lift weights every other day,I do some cardio but I am not losing anything.And my clothes are not getting looser.It sucks too because I used to binge on sweets and basicly eat too much t

·
Registered
674 Posts
what the heck happened? Anyway,I am eating much better now and I am still not losing.I recently stopped nursing and started some medication that made me gain weight(I am off it now).So I think my metabolism is messed up.At least I am eating better.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Muzicfan,

It is amazing how much of a difference pop (American translation - soda) makes to one's calorie intact.

I love Coke and always will. I reserve it now as a treat, something I have 1x per week or two.

How did you kick the habit? I had such a difficult time with it. I had to replace it with juice and then with water. The jump from Coke to water was too hard LOL

Still, I've been known to drool when I see a pop machine.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually I allow myself one diet coke a day.... if that.. I probably only drink it four times a week.

I tried a coke recently, and it was too sweet.. hahaahhaha.. thought I would never say that..

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have only eaten out once in about six weeks. And that was at a health food restaurant. I have started to cook lots.

Becoming Vegetarian was the biggest. No meat, smaller portions, not eating out, and not drinking soda's is the biggie.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm interested...I may not pop in every day, but I enjoy hearing what others are doing to lose weight in (hopefully) a healthy manner.

Today -

B: multigrain hot cereal w/ maple syrup

S: raw green beans w/ dip (made from Sour Supreme and spices)

L: spicy soyrizo 3-bean chili

S: slice of fruit & nut manna bread

D: soy bratwurst, macaroni & cheese (gotta feed the cheese addiction occasionally), some random vegetable

S: homemade raspbery sorbet

So far, most of what I eat is free of dairy, which is the big challenge for me. I've decided that if I let myself have a small amount maybe once a week, then I'm less likely to eat it the rest of the time. Tonight's dinner is definitely not my usual!

I would love to get more vegetables into my diet, but I'm having trouble with variety...there aren't a lot of green leafies that I like. The green beans are good raw and they were only $0.79/pound this week, so I got a pound of them to nibble on.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Ok, my 600 calorie per day thing wasn't intentional. I have an appetite to rival that of a bear recently awoken from hibernation. Permanently.

Sadly my travelling friend is one of those people who says " I'm starvvvvvvving!" Then eats one yogurt. And perhaps a banana.

I find it hard to eat with people like that.

However, I have..uh..made up for it today.

B. two pieces of toast

small bowl of cornflakes

half a litre of water

L. salad, roll, yogurt , orange juice

D. Went to a buffet type thing so a mixture of stuff. Mainly salad though. And too much beer.. then some cheesecake.

As for water retention, can it really affect someone that much?

And, my scales..*shudders* it's..well broken. (no I'm not *that* heavy) and it starts 2kgs above 0....so.. I'm taking about 500g off every reading. That ok?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.