VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that some are boycotting them, but they're a vegan lifesaver for me sometimes. When I was there last week one day, they gave me a "Beauty Card". The points are 1/£ so not fantastic, but prices are cheaper than Boots generally. They had a flyer with special extra points offers, etc. too. Link with more info: http://www.superdrug.com/beautycard/...ge/beautycard/

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Woohoo this is good news because I have lots I need to get from them
1 point per pound is better than the previous no points per pound!

Thanks for the info IamJen
Great to know.

·
Registered
95 Posts
brilliant! they are my go-to for my vegan toiletries

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Their parent company also owns an energy company that is part of the whole Tar Sands project in Canada. I'm displeased that some of the boycotting groups have used language saying that Superdrug is "directly involved" with the Tar Sands, which is inaccurate. However, I do see where the boycott has merit, even if it's a sister company doing the damage.

Shopping is so complicated.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
This is good news. the only reason I go in boots is for points (and usually I get so hopelessly lost I give up and go to superdrug instead - how can two shops be laid out so differently when they sell the same?!). So now I can just get superdrug points instead!

... I didnt know anyone boycotted Superdrug

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a magazine that I like called Ethical Consumer that's promoting it, and I've seen some Lush employees passing out pamphlets (which I find a bit tacky, honestly). It's a bit of a judgement call, imo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ooh, I didn't know Superdrug did vegan cosmetics. I'm gradually trying to eco and vegan friendly my cosmetics. as anyone got any products they can recommend?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
All superdrug own brand stuff is great, they dont have their own makeup as far as i know though :/
I use the Vit E range...smells amazing!
Also try the Cherry and Fig Shampoo...ooooo scrummy. My sister loves the basic makeup wipes too. And shes hard to please!
I love Superdrug.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds great, I'll have to have a look. I have used their own brand hair care for years as it works as well as ranges costing £10 a bottle. I used to work in cosmetics so have tried loads of brands but I love Superdrugs.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I have mine now, I don't like the mirror thing on it!

I love the vit E cleansing facial wash, but I used their facial scrub the otherday and my skin went dry AND spotty and started flaking off... it was horrible! Not that it's superdrugs fault, I have REALLY tetchy skin haha. Anyway other than that that range is fantastic

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Goth-Alice. View Post

All superdrug own brand stuff is great, they dont have their own makeup as far as i know though :/
I use the Vit E range...smells amazing!
Also try the Cherry and Fig Shampoo...ooooo scrummy. My sister loves the basic makeup wipes too. And shes hard to please!
I love Superdrug.
Aww, I swear by the Vit E range! Especially love the skin oil & facial wash - so nice to my skin (most other things make me break out). Their make-up ranges are Gosh and MUA.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I don't know.
But I'm pretty sure all Gosh products are at least vegetarian, and some vegan. I just don't know what's what, and can't find a list or anything online. Probably worth emailing them to find out, I planned to before but just never got round to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been using super expensive organic vegan toiletries for ages. Then I found about about superdrug and got some Naked moisturiser for about £2! Not as moisturising as Neal's Yard, but pretty good for every day use!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I buy ownbrand superdrug stuff all the time cheap prices, fair quality for products that are vegan friendly ;D Really makes a difference having a super drug in my town owing to their BUAV approval :]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts