VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

You may or may not be aware of the ITV1 television program that aired in the U.K. on Wednesday 30th November called "super tiny animals". This was a documentary about the worrying and irresponsible trend for miniature pets such as dogs, pigs and miniature horses. However the program also featured a breeder who own's and sell's "finger monkeys" (Marmoset's), I'm sure i don't have to tell anybody here why this program is an example of highly irresponsible broadcasting on the part of ITV. Here is an e-mail address ([email protected]) for you to let them know why it is dangerous for wild and exotic animals such as Marmosets to be kept as pets, and programs like this will serve only to popularise false notions that these animals can be kept domestically, and lead a full, happy, natural life.

For anybody who has not seen the program:
http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=292153

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Oh my god that marmoset man. If it was possible to reach through a TV screen and strangle someone...

My sister made me watch the programme, I didnt want to as I knew I'd spend it just ranting. I was right!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i know i agree totally. Completely irresponsible to broadcast something which justifies and legitimises such irresponsible pet ownership. I e-mailed ITV a while ago now, and as of yet have received no response. Very frustrating!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts