VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
They're good, especially if crisped a bit in a non-stick skillit (or in a little oil if you prefer). However I'm not a huge fan of the "bean-y" mushy texture they have on the inside... I personally prefer Boca and similar textured burgers, but to each their own - do try them, I know a lot of people really love them.

Quote:
Could this be the answer?
I'm not exactly sure what you want answered.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I really like the Southwest burger, but only that one. I actually toast it, and I know the texture is not really burger-like anyway, so I don't expect the meaty-chewy texture. I would have preferred that, but oh well. There are other burgers that have the right texture but taste gross, like for me, Boca is like that.

So this is taste over texture. It's a little dry, so you'll want to put other stuff on there, too, veggies or a sauce or salsa or something. It's VEGAN which is the most important to me. Haven't really found any other decent vegan burgers yet (Boca, soyboy, can't recall others but maybe morningstar, gardenburger)

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
They're about 75% more expensive than the other burgers here, so I have never tried them. that's my review.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
I bought a box once when they were on sale pretty cheap (I think it cost me about $1.50), but I didn't eat any. My [omni] bf ate them before I could try one. He liked them, but prefers the Amy's burgers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.