VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer's here!

This means I will soon again be able to tell what people do just by looking at them.

What is the "footprint" of your favorite summer activity?

p.s. Computer programming used to be my favorite summer activity. Now it's my full-time job.

LL

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
That picture is awesome!

My favorite summer activity involves grousing at my roommate who's a teacher and has the summer off and absolutely will not get a summer job and pretty much hangs around the pool all summer long. He actually has the audacity to complain that my hairdryer wakes him up in the morning.

Other than that, I guess my other favorite summer activity is traveling. ATLANTA!!! WOO HOO!!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i like to walk everywhere when it's nice out or just hang around outside. so likewise shorts, tank top and runners. lots of bike races this summer that my bf and roommate plan to compete in, so i'll be there on the sidelines with my first aid kit in hand and hopefully get a nice tan

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Working... if I can even find a job. *grumble*

I go to a lot of concerts during the summer. I already have 2 lined up. Ash in June, and in July, Placebo (in New York! <3). I may go to the beach...

Probably not.

I do a lot of exercise too. I'm joining the YMCA for a few months (until I'm off to another town, another state... whew!).

Getting ready for college.

·
Banned
559 Posts
man, those guys had some skinny legs!

anything outdoor...hiking/frisbee/kayaking/biking. i'll have a nice farmer tan, oh yes.

but if i have nothing to do i take naps outside ahem, topless if no one is home so i can even out the lines sometimes.

however, i'm in the NW right now and the color i had is diminishing as we speak, heh.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Funkified

anything outdoor...hiking/frisbee/kayaking/biking. i'll have a nice farmer tan, oh yes.

but if i have nothing to do i take naps outside ahem, topless if no one is home so i can even out the lines sometimes.[/B]
Ahhh, frisbee... I like that myself. I've never tried kayaking, but enjoy canoeing quite a lot. Umm, nothing wrong with tan lines or no tan lines

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Well, I wear gobs & bunches of sunscreen, so no matter what I do I'll still be pale...

I started learning to surf last summer, so I might try it again. It really depends on what my summer work situation looks like. I'll of course go hiking, running, and dance. Plus this summer I get to go to London and Edinburgh -- yay!

Mskedi

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Farmers tans represent!! I usually have that and then a lighter tan from running. I am a teacher Muppetcow and I understand why your roommate refuses to get a job. Some teachers also can take their pay over 12 months instead of 10 so they still get paid in the summer. I know I am. I think the hairdryer bit is a little harsh though.

What about summer jobs? I am lookijg for one that doesn't involve kids. I know I could get my old job at the Childredn's Discovery Museum back but I wanna do something else. I have a hook up with a piza delivery job, and am looking into a job at Berverages and More, a place that specializes in selling alcoholic beverages. They are kinda a giant wherehouse full of stuff. Tus any money i make there is spending $ wel the rest will go to rent, food and savings. I am also taking a class to finalize my teaching credential. Stupid San Jose State told me a class I took as an undergrad counted then changed the requirements and thus it sudenly didn;t anymore. Grrrrr!!! AT least SD is taking the class with me and it's only 2 weeks.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Budda: Consider it a new beginning... excitement awaits

You know... in looking through this thread..and elsewhere on the boards, I see folks mention sunscreen/sunblock etc. I have never used sunblock at all, not since I was a kid. I suppose in this day and age, one could say that is pretty "stupid", but I just never think to buy it, let alone remember to use it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I don't like summer (Bah, Humbug)

It's too damn hot! I don't like long days unless they are cool, which they aren't.

The only exception is if I can move back to the beach. Ahhh, there's nothing like the cool ocean breezes drifting through the windows...

But, I love harvesting whatever veggies I've planted, taking in the great smelling flowers that are blooming (I love my jasmine!) or going to various street festivals that sprout up all over. That's about it.

I'm more of a wintery woman.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by piglet

Laying out in the sun, by the pool.
Heck yeah! I'm taking three classes (Performance, Existentialism, and General Psyc) and perhaps working in the computer labs, but other than that, it's all about the pool and playing ball!

I wonder, also, it there's a "preparing for the GRE" tan... Probably a lot like the programmer's tan, but more stressed out somehow.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I guess as an Aussie I shouldn't be contributing to this (seeing as it's Winter here), but anything to do with a beach, walking, watching cricket or enjoying long Summer nights with an even longer cold beer are just about my favourites.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Nuther aussie here.

Going to the beach, hanging out by the pool, going to the mountains. And at nights having friends over for drinks and going out to dinner and sitting outside

And of course as benny said, drinking lots of beer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I like a lot of things, but one of my new favorites is kayaking. We don't own any yet, so we rent them on the river and go from there. Last year I got a horrible burn that was just on the tops of my legs. That was real sexy.

I envy you, Funkified. I can't wait until we own a house where I can sunbathe nude.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.