VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've gathered a few recipes and still searching for new stuff to try. So if anyone can help a newbie out would be great. Simple quick recipes for main meals is what I'm looking for as I rarely have time to cook long.

Things I've tried and like have been Mexican bean enchiladas, spicy lentil stew, gnocchi bakes oh and sweet potato and green lentil cottage pie and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. I have had a look in the recipes section but there is a lot to go through.

So
if anyone can take the time maybe link some of your favourite quick main meals and I'll be sure to try them out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Scrambled tofu make s tasty, delicious lunch or breakfast. I used this recipe:

This Lentil Spaghetti Bolognese is pretty easy and quick too. Needs a bit more seasoning than that recipe calls for IMO, I added a touch of braggs, and extra garlic, and some chilli. As I'm vegan I made sure the pasta was egg-free obviously, used veggie stock and substituted the cheese for either nooch or vegan parmesan-style cheese

Recommend you pick up Veganomicon. It's amazing. Everything I have made from it so far has been a resounding success.

·
Registered
501 Posts
My favorites are bean and rice soft tacos with fajita veggies, roasted veggie and quinoa salad over spinach, I make a quick chana masala, chili with rice, nachos, Mexican salad, hummus based sandwiches, and stir fry with noodles or brown rice. Tonight, I am making a crockpot stew tonight for the first time. Can't wait to try that!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic dave View Post

definitely try out the lentil spaghetti tonight got everything for it.
Let us know if you like it. It's no culinary masterpiece but its quick easy and pretty tasty. Be warned though, as it's so lentil-dense, it's a LOT more filling than you think.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Veg web is my favorite website. May I also suggest getting a crock pot? It is the best tool I know of for cooking beans, and for having dinner ready when you get home. Made the unbeef stew from Veg Web in my crock pot today and it was amazing. Used Gardein beefless tips and it was so close to the real thing, it was eerie.

·
Registered
71 Posts
im lacto-ova vegetarian here is my list ::
black bean burgers
bean and cheese burrito with salsa
penne pasta with marina
greek yogurt /stawberries and peach /almonds
veggie chillie with soy crumbles
veggie soup with barley
blk bean soup with left over rice
veg sushi rolls
all these are super quick and can be made in bulk !!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ch View Post

Scrambled tofu make s tasty, delicious lunch or breakfast. I used this recipe:

This Lentil Spaghetti Bolognese is pretty easy and quick too. Needs a bit more seasoning than that recipe calls for IMO, I added a touch of braggs, and extra garlic, and some chilli. As I'm vegan I made sure the pasta was egg-free obviously, used veggie stock and substituted the cheese for either nooch or vegan parmesan-style cheese

Recommend you pick up Veganomicon. It's amazing. Everything I have made from it so far has been a resounding success.
that recipe looks really delicious, im starting on the veggi world, and i notest the bouillon powder ingredient, thas made of meet? right? so should we ignore that ingredient?? hehe, or are there any bouillon that arent made of meet?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelluzita View Post

that recipe looks really delicious, im starting on the veggi world, and i notest the bouillon powder ingredient, thas made of meet? right? so should we ignore that ingredient?? hehe, or are there any bouillon that arent made of meet?
I replaced it with vegetable stock.

I think bouillon just means stock, so you can get vegetable ones. I just used some home made vegetable stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just made up chickpea spicy burgers popped them in the fridge to cool down before I cook them but they smell really nice
. Going to have some rustic chips (Fries to the Americans) salad, coleslaw and maybe some cheese as well.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelluzita View Post

There's vegetable boullion, but you might want to check the ingredient list to see what's in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts