VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I've been veggie, with lots of raw, for almost three weeks now, and it's been great. I have more energy, flexibility, and stamina, and my concentration and moods have really improved too. I've especially noticed a difference in my joints: no more creaky achiness. I've also lost weight really quickly; not sure how much, but I'd say between 5 and 8 pounds.

However, I'm a little alarmed by something, and that's my drop in appetite. I've always been a big fan of eating, but now, I have to make myself eat. It's not because I'm not interested in the food I'm eating now. In fact, I'm spending so much more time in the kitchen, loving it, making some of the most delicious and nutritious recipes ever (ohsheglows.com!). But I'm never hungry anymore, at all. I eat tiny portions, and even that I eat only because I know I should. When I run now, I have tons more energy and stamina, but I sometimes feel like my stomach is full (ie, a little burpy), even though it's usually five hours or so since my last meal.

I do have a bit of a history of stomach trouble; I discovered I was gluten intolerant last year and my tummy and intestines are probably still healing from that inadvertent abuse. But I've never experienced this before. I'm definitely eating a ton of fiber, way more than ever, so maybe that's why I'm never hungry? I don't know. I haven't counted calories; maybe I should to make sure.

I'm going to bring up my drop in appetite (and new diet) with my gastro next week, but I wanted to see if any of you think this is normal.

I have been veggie before, several years ago for a couple of years, but I don't remember this appetite loss. Maybe I wasn't eating as well (fiber, nutrition) then?

Anyway, looking forward to your thoughts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Some say that drinking a shot glass of rhum before you eat or preparing a food that is spicy will help you increase your appetite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts