VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a batch of the veggie burgers in Vegan with a Vengeance, oh gosh,they were so good. But I don't like using TVP. I don't mind soy, I just don't want to over do it. Is there something I can use besides TVP in the recipe, as a filler? I know about protein, and such, and that is why it's used. TVP seems so processed. And I wanted to make a bunch of these, freeze them, and use them.<br><br>
I started being vegetarian last week, after doing yoga, and felt a shift in my diet. I've been vegetarian before,about a year ago, for 9 months and the only reason I shifted back into meat eating was cause of a diet I was doing, and the injections worked better with animal products....not any more. So I may have some questions. I didn't know about this forum before, nor did i know there was yoga classes like the one i am in now.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Lentils could work well, although you might have to adjust the cooking times and amounts of liquid (and maybe amounts of binder too).

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I've had decent sucess using lentils--the kind that keep their shape not red ones that turn to mush.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts