VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 5067 Posts

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think the line "Vegan food is boring" can be beaten for stupid and just plain incorrect (it's funny though that they eat vegan food all the time, except with meat... so if it was boring, they should eat just the meat).

Then there's other stuff like everyone being veg*n will allow Cows to become overpopulated.

I know there are more, I just can't think of them right now. Maybe I need to go hang out with some omnivores with a notepad and pen. Anyone have any?

·
Registered
828 Posts
my friend called me malnourished yesterday and said all veg*ns are. This from a guy who smokes cigarettes, pot every day, and drinks a lot of beer, and eats fast food regularly.

He's very ignorant. He also calls me a hippie, though I don't really care about that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hee hee. There's this guy who regularly posts on another forum and every time veg*nism comes up in any way, he posts "rubbish!"
If that's not stupid then I don't know what is

How about the old "carrots and broccoli have feelings too and they suffer when you eat them"

Or "I have a deal with the rabbits, I don't eat their carrots and they don't drive my car"

"Veg*ns don't get calcium/vitamins/protein from any food at all, they'll all die in a few months"

"Humans were meant to eat meat, we've always eaten meat!"

etc.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by kraftykraft

But you can just eat around the meat or pick it out altogether.
One of my former employers once made a soup during Winter, it was a heap of vegetables with some meat stewed in a pot. She offered me some, suggesting I "pick the meat out". Yeah.... right.

Another former employer invited me to a Barbecue [ie; flesh foods] for her two sons' 1st/2nd birthdays...... she told me "the fridge is full of veggies [and it was] and there are bread rolls and tahini". Those bread rolls with tahini and salad were some of the yummiest things I have ever eaten.

·
Registered
0 Posts
meat is an essential food group

vegan? what's a vegan? explain in detail.

what do your farts smell like?

Is tofu a fungus?

How can you save the whole world just by giving up meat? It won't make a difference.

Meat keeps you healthy and strong.

Meat's a man's food. Only women become vegetarians.

grrr.. I am so pissed !!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I abhor this one: "If they weren't meant to be slaughtered, they would not have been made sheep."

Even worse, I've heard this applied in analogy to domination of peoples, regarding politics. Iraq, anyone?

·
Registered
828 Posts
the one that makes me want to cry and beat someone up is: "You're not going to make a difference to the world, so why bother?"

Like it's got to be all or nothing! When people say that (about anything), it is probably the one thing that pisses me off more than anything else.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Superjane...I've heard that too. I ask them if they think Mother Theresa made a difference? Or if Martin Luther King made a difference? Or if Thomas Edison or Albert Einstein made a difference? I could go on and on. One person can make a difference. But the fact of the matter is that you are a part of a fast growing group of compassionate people who choose life by letting other beings live.

·
Registered
478 Posts
"If God didn't mean for us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat/made them taste so good!"

"Are you saying that monkeys should have the right to vote?!"

"If you love animals so much, why don't you have sex with them?"

I could go on and on, really ..

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
"Just don't make me eat tofu"

And related- When you have a really great dish with a tiny bit of tofu or a really tasty meat analog (like chili) and they refuse to even try a bit. They recoil like it is kriptonyte or something.

·
Registered
593 Posts
"Wow, you're vegan? That's so cool, I wish I could be vegan, but then I'd die, because I need those nutrients, you know"~~said to me this morning actually, as if I am some superhuman life form that has no need of nutrients

·
Registered
0 Posts
'Are you trying to lose weight?'

'Are you Buddhist?' (as if people of other faiths can't be veg)

'You're still growing and you need meat for that!' (as if elephants and cows need meat to build muscles and stuff)

'You need milk for calcium. You need animal proteins to stay healthy.' (it was a doctor who told me this! How ignorant doctors can sometimes be!)

Well, I could go on and on but I think I'll stop now......

·
Registered
0 Posts
my favorite is "so what do you eat?" and they always have such a puzzled look on their faces.

"how do you get protein/calcium???" with that same stupid confused look.

"youre thin enough, you don't need to be a vegan" I AM NOT A FRIGGEN' MCDOUGALLER!

and i love it when i bake some vegan bread or cookies and one of my omni friends or family members reaches to take one and then pauses and asks, "....but is it a vegan cookie?" or they ask me in such a concerned tone "wait whats in it?" as if just because they can eat eggs they cant eat ener-g (or a banana at that), or because they eat butter they cant eat margarine. ???? that drives me nuts.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Secura

my favorite is "so what do you eat?" and they always have such a puzzled look on their faces.

"how do you get protein/calcium???" with that same stupid confused look.

I get "what do you eat?" and "how do you get protein?" all the time, too. Also:

"Animals were put here for us to eat"

"The bible says we should eat animals"

"You don't even eat fish???"

"We were designed to eat meat" (usually bringing up the usual canine teeth crap)

1 - 20 of 5067 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.