Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this drink may have already been discussed, but I was just curious if now that the 'may contain' issue had been resolved (people consider products with an allergy advices still to be vegan), myself included, if it had changed anyones opinions on stronbow.

Incase you hadn't already heard somewhere, Bulmers (producers) state:

"None of the Fosters cider products contain raw materials of animal origin, but as gelatine is the most commonly used fining aid for apple juice production worldwide, we cannot guarantee that the apple juice has not been prepared using gelatine finings."

http://www.vnv.org.au/AlcoholByDist.htm#Bulmers

This also goes for Scrumpy Jack & Bulmers Original...

I was just wondering whether now that people are less concerned with the 'may contain', whether anyone had considered strongbow to be vegan again, despite possible one / more of douzens of producers use gelatine as a fining aid..?

Anyones thoughts on the matter would be much appreciated!

(P.S - Vegan Society ed.7 lists Strongbow as vegan in 2005, but in jan 2006 the the website above got those finer details from them)

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
This would depend upon if one considers bone-char refined sugars vegan, or not, or just ignores it. Or isinglass refined wine/beer.

It's technically not, but it seems as though many choose to ignore it, or shrug it off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts