VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back, my family and I went to Disneyland. In the disneyland parking lot, there was a car with a license plate that said "Iluv dsny". The next day, the car was gone, and in the parking spot opposite that cars spot, there was a different car thats license plate said "I2luv dsny". Wierd.

Do strange coincidences like that ever happen to you guys?

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i dunno about disney liscence plates (wierd) but i constantly catch myself looking at a clock or watch at exactly 11 minutes after the hour. several times a day for the last 6 months or so. i told the guys i live with and they thought i was nuts, so now when they're around doing whatever i'll suddenly yell out "hey guess what time it is? fooouuur ELEVEN!"

they still think i'm just nuts though

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
really? at 11 after? i know there's some significance to that number in terms of numerology but i don't know what it is or if it has anything to do with it. it's creepy though

the guys say that subconsciously i'm doing it on purpose, i dunno though. sometimes i'll look at the time and it'll be like 9 or 10 after and i'll think "ok don't look when it hits 11.. what? *looks* aaaaarrrrgh"

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Last night I was watching the playoffs of the National Tackle Football League and the commentator mentioned that a guy had studied Philosophy at the U. of Colorado at Boulder. I was browsing the web at the same time - specifically the web site for the Philosophy department of the same University.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Several times I've been listening to a song on one of my favorite radio stations, and I get tired of the song and change the station, only to find that my other favorite radio station is playing the same song. I don't think it's ever been at the exact same place in the song, but it is kinda wierd.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
also, and this happens quite often, i'll hear something for the first time, a name or word or phrase i don't remember hearing before, and suddenly i'll hear and see it everywhere, in all kinds of contexts.

and, i think i posted this before, but i had this bizarro couple of months where everything i saw, heard, did etc, had a "chinese" reference to it. like i'd change the channel and someone on tv would be speaking chinese, or i'd open a magazine and the first page i saw would have a big chinese symbol, i'd sit and talk to someone i hadn't seen in a while and the first sentence out of their mouths would have the word china or chinese in it.

it drove me insane. never figured out if it meant anything either. i even dreamed in chinese one night, like, i was speaking it in my dream and all the people around me were chinese. but i swear i don't know a word of it.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Some friends of mine notice the number '23' everywhere. They say that it's the epitome of a 'random number', so whenever someone wants to use a number that looks nonobvious, they pick 23. I don't know if there's any real research on that, but its interesting to ponder.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"i think its odd that redwolf parked in the same area 2 days in a row at disney. Ive seen the disney lot, its frick'n huge."

We had the spot reserved for our entire stay or something, I don't remember.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"i'll hear something for the first time, a name or word or phrase i don't remember hearing before, and suddenly i'll hear and see it everywhere, in all kinds of contexts."

This also happens to me a lot. Hmmm...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
This kind of thing happens to me all the time. I also have a lot of pre-cog type moments of the like.

For example, a few years ago I was walking down the road and thought: I wonder how dear ol' so 'n so is? Last I heard he was in Africa. Then I rounded a corner and literally bumped right into him.

Last week I was standing in line at a coffee shop and I saw the guy next to me, I thought: "Hey! It's Mike, from Choir!" Then I looked again and realised the guy didn't look ANYTHING like Mike from choir. I'm thinkin': of course not. He is probably never on this part of the campus. So then, I left the coffee shop, went down the stairs and who is the first person I see at the bottom of the stairs? Actual Mike, from choir.

As for numbers: I find, despite my most rational thoughts on the matter, I really buy into it sometimes. (I'm not a big believer in standard external numerology- but I do believe in signs of personal significance, including numbers).

Like, if I am doing something and wondering if I should, and I look up and happen to notice it's 9h11, I tend to take it as a sign of un-goodness. On the other hand, if I am doing something and I happen to notice it's 9h49, my old sail number (=good) I take it as a go ahead sort of a sign...

I also get that "I hear it for the first time, then it's everywhere" thing. I don't know how much of it is just noticing it for the first time, and how much is wackiness though.

·
Registered
682 Posts
When I was about 8-10 we lived in Devon (SW England) on a quiet street with only other two other houses, one of which was a disused railway station in which lived a retired couple. We moved to Bristol (120 miles away). My Mum kept in touch with the couple and when we made friends with a family in Bristol who lived in the gatehouse of an old cemetry, she heard back from the wife who knew exactly the gatehouse as she had lived there during the 1940s.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
we went to this little resort in the fall and were hanging out in the hot tub, there were other guests there, 2 couples, middle aged. they introduced themselves and asked where we were from. we found out they just moved from the same town we lived in. so one of our friends there asked what area he lived in, and it turned out he lived like 2 doors down from her before he moved. wierd cause this resort was an hour and a half from there. small world.

but then the man went on to explain that when they moved to this new town where the resort is, and met his neighbour across the street, he found out that his new neighbour had previously lived in the EXACT same house he just moved from.

of all the cities in the area they ended up in the same one, and of all the streets in that city they ended up across the road from each other. how freakish!!

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
There really must be something to the 11 minutes past thing. With me it always seems to be 1:11, and 11:11 (am & pm) that I look at the clock on. I do it all the time. I thought that was pretty freaky, until I read in a Aussie magazine of someone else who kept accidently glancing at the clock at 11:11 etc, and I thought "wow, doubly freaky". Now I find two more people who have it, four of us all together, so that makes it quadruply freaky.

That is just so strange. 11 minutes past the hour? I've just gotta say again, that is just so strange.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts