VeggieBoards banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple of friends and I threw a couples wedding shower on Saturday for one of our friends. My friend Angie was gracious enough to have the shindig at her house. Angie takes LOTS of pictures.<br><br><br><br>
Anyhow, Angie was showing the pictures to one of her friends who recognized my bf b/c she is best friends with my bf's ex-fiance/mother-of-his-child. When Angie explained that the bf was there with me, her friend said "Oh, I've heard stories about her."<br><br><br><br>
Weird, huh? I'm dying to know what stories she's heard about me, but Angie is too good of a person and won't tell me at risk of stirring up shi*.<br><br><br><br>
I'm always surprised when someone who doesn't know me personally still knows who I am.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think Angie has already stirred up shi* by telling you what she has. If it were me, I would dying to know what that meant and I would tell Angie that there is no way she can get away with telling you that much, but then choose not to tell you anymore. It's kind of unfair of her to do that to you.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
(Not sure if I understood the post correctly but here it goes)<br><br><br><br>
In my view, Angie's friend has probably heard about you through your bf's ex-fiance. It's amazing how much women (and men) want to know about their ex's new flame.<br><br><br><br>
On a side note: I once injured my arm because I fell off something (long story). Before I knew it people thought that I had been involved in riots and that I had been badly hurt and whatnot.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by Finlay</i><br><br><b><br><br>
On a side note: I once injured my arm because I fell off something (long story). Before I knew it people thought that I had been involved in riots and that I had been badly hurt and whatnot.</b></div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
That's awesome!! I had a seizure a few years ago and ended up with 2 black eyes and a fairly mangled face. People thought I either had an abusive boyfriend or was involved in a drunk-driving accident. I eventually got so tired of explaining that I just let them think whatever they wanted. It's weird to hear about yourself through the grapevine. I guess that was the point of my first post.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah, rumors are meaningless; don't worry about them. In highschool, about twenty guys claimed I had lost my virginity to them. You wouldn't believe some other rumors I've heard about myself. That stuff will always be there, and all the ex's in the world will loathe the newbies no matter what. Don't bother harassing your friend for info, it will just needlessly strain your relationship with her. Take it as a compliment: at least you're worth talking about.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by Cougar</i><br><br><b>Yeah, rumors are meaningless; don't worry about them. In highschool, about twenty guys claimed I had lost my virginity to them.</b></div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
LOL<br><br>
I went through that exact same thing.<br><br><br><br>
I also had a problem with jealous ex's of the guys that I had been dating. You know how it goes.. rumors that they'd seen me "out with another guy".<br><br><br><br>
There was also another one that I was a crack addict (I lost a lot of weight due to an eating disorder.. people can be cruel).<br><br><br><br>
*shakes head*<br><br>
Highschool Bullsh*t.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I'd be curious, too, about what the ex girlfriend had heard, but I'd probably let it go. If Angie wanted to tell, she would have, that or she wanted you to drag it out of her so she could say it wasn't her idea to tell.<br><br><br><br>
I had an incident at my summer job two summers ago. I was on a work crew headed by this man who was a really lazy, dumb person who was known for making stupid mistakes and getting into car wrecks. I asked many times to be switched to a different crew (so that I wouldn't have to suffer under his driving), but for awhile, nothing was done. Then this man heard a rumor that my dad had called the Big Boss and said that he didn't want his daughter riding around with "that man". He was all mad, but fortunately his boss was able to calm him down, and I found out from my dad that he had never made any such phone call. Rumors can actually be threatening if heard by volatile people.<br><br><br><br>
I DID get switched to another work crew after that. I was much happier in that one, too, because the head of the crew wasn't lazy and was a genuinely nice person.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts