VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Bit of a scary morning, and I wanted some feedback on when it is okay to a) go out again and b) eat again. This morning, I had an incident where I had sudden really bad stomach cramps, went to the bathroom, got very dizzy and nauseous. I literally could not stand up, move in a straight line, etc. I finally got to the bed, lay down for about 10 minutes and felt a little better, then went to the bathroom again and was fine. This was about an hour ago and I feel completely normal now, but I had some plans to go out today and don't want to leave the house and be caught unawares if this happens again.

This has happened once before, in 2005, and at the time I was told it was an allergic reaction (I had been to a Thai restaurant where they cook everything on the same grill, so they could not narrow it down further). Since that time, I have been diagnosed with IBS but never had a reaction like this. The only thing I had to eat prior to this today was a smoothie with soy milk, a banana and frozen peaches. I have eaten this exact smoothie hundreds of times.

So, is this just one of those one-off weird stomach things? Should I see a doctor? Can I eat today? And how long should I wait before I declare that the coast is clear and I can go out without feeling like I have to stay home near the bed/bathroom?

·
Registered
385 Posts
HI Where do you live? Is there an information phone line you can call and ask if there is a government sponsored health line. In Ontario, Canada, we have telehealth and they are so helpful.

Also is there a walk in clinic?

Or try Mayo clinic online for a short while, just to see if your symtoms demand an immediate reaction, i.e. if you don't have anyone else to contact.

Also, could you have developed an allergic reaction. As a kid I developed allergies to foods I used to eat all the time.

Take care, eh?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts