VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around the beginning of July, I starting running 5x/week in attempt to lose some bodyfat and shape up. My confidence skyrocketed, and although I stayed the same weight, I had definately lost fat and replaced it with muscle. Then, in September, I started having knee problems that may be genetic. (My mom has always had knee problems and suggested I "just may not be able to be a runner".)

Since I've stopped running, my weight has stayed about the same, but I'm flabbier and less muscular.

I'm approximately 5'7" and 128lbs (I know that doesn't sound huge or anything, but I have quite a bit of fat compared to muscle). Ideally, I'd like to get down to 120 (what I weighed less than a year ago). 8lbs isn't a ton of weight to lose, but on my body I think it would make a huge difference. Weight-bearing exercise is out, so I've turned to the stationary bike.

If I ride 5x/week and lift weights, is it realistic to think I could achieve my goal within a few months?

Here's what I ate & did today as an example:

Breakfast: Coffee, Farina made w/soymilk

Stationary bike: 11 miles (in 30 mins)

Snack: Protein Shake

Raked leaves for 45min

Lunch: Tofu Scramble on Whole Grain bread

Snack: Big Salad

Dinner: Split Pea Soup

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.