VeggieBoards banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-size:small;"><span style="font-size:xx-small;">Around the beginning of July, I starting running 5x/week in attempt to lose some bodyfat and shape up. My confidence skyrocketed, and although I stayed the same weight, I had definately lost fat and replaced it with muscle. Then, in September, I started having knee problems that may be genetic. (My mom has always had knee problems and suggested I "just may not be able to be a runner".)<br><br><br><br>
Since I've stopped running, my weight has stayed about the same, but I'm flabbier and less muscular.<br><br><br><br>
I'm approximately 5'7" and 128lbs (I know that doesn't sound huge or anything, but I have quite a bit of fat compared to muscle). Ideally, I'd like to get down to 120 (what I weighed less than a year ago). 8lbs isn't a ton of weight to lose, but on my body I think it would make a huge difference. Weight-bearing exercise is out, so I've turned to the stationary bike.<br><br><br><br><b>If I ride 5x/week and lift weights, is it realistic to think I could achieve my goal within a few months?</b><br><br><br><br>
Here's what I ate & did today as an example:<br><br><br><br>
Breakfast: Coffee, Farina made w/soymilk<br><br>
Stationary bike: 11 miles (in 30 mins)<br><br>
Snack: Protein Shake<br><br>
Raked leaves for 45min<br><br>
Lunch: Tofu Scramble on Whole Grain bread<br><br>
Snack: Big Salad<br><br>
Dinner: Split Pea Soup</span></span>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts