VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone happen to have the nutritional guide to any of the Starbucks coffee house product. I started a diet, and have to watch my caloric intake. I used to go to starbucks often, but have since cut back. When I do go back I would like to be informed of what I could have within my diet means.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I don't know the exact nutritional info, but I have heard that the frappacinos are the equivalent of drinking a big mac - for the sat. fat and calories. Have you tried starbucks.com to see if they have a guide??

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I found a few bits about Starbucks & fat content:

Starbucks tall mocha? 18 grams of fat. A grande has 25.

The only way to win at Starbucks is to get an Americano, which is simply a shot of espresso with hot water. eew

Starbucks Grande (16 oz) Tazoberry and Cream, a mixture of tea, fruit juices, and cream, topped with whipped cream, has 500 calories, 23 g of fat, and 15 g of saturated fat.

A Large Frozen Mocha Blast at Au Bon Pain has 480 calories 4 g of fat, and 3 g of saturated fat

Medium Vanilla Bean Coolatta (24 oz) from Dunkin Donuts contains 660 calories, 25.5 g of fat, and 22.5 g of saturated fat.

A Grande (16 oz) Starbucks Latte -- with steamed milk and espresso -- packs 350 calories and 18 g of fat.

Similarly, a Grande (16 oz) Mocha with Whipped Cream, packs 420 calories; 23g of fat; and 13g of sat fat

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Quote:
Starbucks Grande (16 oz) Tazoberry and Cream, a mixture of tea, fruit juices, and cream, topped with whipped cream, has 500 calories, 23 g of fat, and 15 g of saturated fat.

I had one of these this past weekend and Good Lord!! I knew it was bad, but I had no idea it was THAT bad! Whoa, I will avoid starbucks in the future.

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
0 Posts
OMG! I used to drink VENTI Frappuccinos!!!! I'm sure it would be much less fat with soymilk, but I wasn't vegan then. I'm glad that it's been a REALLY long time since I've been to Starbucks. I go to this asian place now that is MUCH better... I am on a Strawberry Green Tea kick now. hehehe.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I'm so glad I stopped going to Starbucks. There's one down the street from my house, so for a while I went there a lot. Those frappuchinos are no where near worth that amount of calories!! Well, I guess few things really are...except maybe tiramisu! (although I think a slice of vegan tiramisu has less calories than a frappuchino)

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
from what i understand, they can't make their frappucino's vegan, anyway, because the frappucino stuff is a powdered mix with milk in it.

i wonder what the stats are on their beverages, but made with soy milk instead?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
the ones i go to use pacific soymilk which has 140 cals and 5 grams fat per 8 oz. so it would depend on the size of the beverage and whether or not the beverage has added sugar. a latte does not--the only fat and cals come form the soymilk.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I also find Starbuck's coffee plain nasty. We have plenty of other coffee houses around here, even a locally owned chain.

I used to love cafe mochas, but I would never drink one again after I had to make big batches at a coffee shop job. First, 16 quarts (4 gallons US) of half and half, A quart of hershey's syrup, Half gallon of toddy, and some other stuff. Then I realized it was heart attack central!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I just don't like coffee to begin with. I'm a strange college student, I know, but it's one habit I don't need. Chewing my fingernails is hard enough to stop without adding a coffee addiction.

BTW, shouldn't this thread be in Recipe and Food Discussion?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smedley

the ones i go to use pacific soymilk which has 140 cals and 5 grams fat per 8 oz. so it would depend on the size of the beverage and whether or not the beverage has added sugar. a latte does not--the only fat and cals come form the soymilk.
They recently switched to Silk Vanilla, FYI.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have the bottled Starbucks frappachinos you can get at the store about twice a year. They're okay. Not my favorite. Of course, you're speaking to a girl who basically drinks steaming hot tea with a bit of cinniamon in it with everything.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I would be a lot happier if Starbucks offered a soy version of their bottled Frappuccinos.

I just wrote them a letter saying as much, and more.

Surely there are millions of lactose-intolerant coffee drinkers that would buy these, much less vegans and even health-conscious consumers.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
epski--thanks for the update. i know i will be heading there tomorrow as they are in my grocery store and i like to stroll their health/natural foods section while sipping my latte!!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Since I quit smoking, I don't drink coffee anymore. But I do have to say that Starbucks was by far the worst coffee ever. Althought I don't drink it, Tim Hortons coffee is/was the best.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts