VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum and couldn't find a thread about this, which really surprises me. (If there already is one I'm sorry I didn't see it)
Anyone else following the play offs?

·
Registered
6,609 Posts
I watched a little bit of the Anaheim/Nashville game on Friday, but I don't follow hockey too much anymore. It's the only sport I'll watch, though.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Totally....YOMG.....I Heart Hockey and My Chicago BlackHawks.....(And Wolves).....I will be watching and having a massive hockey party later on......My Hawks were down 3-0 to Vancouver and came back and won three Games....the last one on Easter In O.T....so it all comes down to this game.......I am soooooo looking forward to this!!.....Here Comes The Hawks The Mighty Black Hawks!!....

Peace, LOve and Corey Crawford Rocks!!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I'm from Philly and now live near DC, so I hear a lot about the playoffs, but I can't say that I've seen one game yet this year
I usually try to watch some of the playoffs, but have just been too busy this year...

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
well I just got done watching my Hawks LOSE to Vancouver In O.T......they didnt look like the team that lost three games and came back to win three in a row.....I was angry that because of The Bulls playoff game going late we didnt get to see the first period it wasnt shown on T.V....so I am in a massive cranky bitchy state......I am used to that though...Duh Losing....Massively Suxx!!

Peace, LOve and Not Feeling The Hippiness Right Now

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
I'm not a hockey fan at all but people here in Vancouver are going CRAZY! They've been screaming and honking outside the window for the past hour.

Yeesh, I wonder if people will get this excited when they find a cure for cancer or something

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled_expatriate View Post

Sean Avery is cool. He played with dolls as a child, caused the NHL to alter (I think) a rule due to an on-ice incident, he's into fashion (attends fashion shows and had an internship with Vogue), he's an instigating troll that people love to hate, and he just doesn't care that he has seemingly made his home on a lonely island.

That basically covers all I know about hockey.

If I had to root for a team, it'd be Vancouver. Visited as a child and have fond memories.

Crazier than during the Olympics? A friend of mine told me it occasionally got wild during that time, too.
Just as crazy but for a shorter period of time, hehe.

Things have finally quieted down now and it's 12:30am here. The amount of noise was just INSANE! My city sure knows how to live up to Canadian stereotypes

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
San Jose Sharks

Hardcore hockey fan.

Sean Avery is the Charlie Sheen of Hockey.

ETA: Georges Laraque, former NHL tough guy = vegan.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I'm not a hockey fan at all but people here in Vancouver are going CRAZY! They've been screaming and honking outside the window for the past hour.
Dude I was screaming during that game it was mental, and they're not even a team I usually cheer for lol

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I used to play and follow hockey a lot,but not so much anymore.

I watched all 7 games of Montreal and Boston,but I did have money on the Bruins,and won.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I don't really watch it, but all I hear in class all day is:
"CANUCKS ARE GONNA WIN!"
"CANUCKS SUCK!"

It's really annoying.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled_expatriate View Post

Game 7 tonight in Vancouver, winner takes all. Werewolf Girl, brace yourself.
I've been hearing hooting and hollering for the past while now, I guess that means it's going well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

I don't really watch it, but all I hear in class all day is:
"CANUCKS ARE GONNA WIN!"
"CANUCKS SUCK!"

It's really annoying.
I know what you mean... And it really sucks in the city too, I hope there isn't a riot or anything. Already there has been a bunch of property damage, young trees pushed down and killed by drunk idiots and a few fatal car accidents due to drunk driving. I hate sports.

The only nice part is EVERYONE was watching the game as I was walking to work so there was no line up to get food or coffee and no traffic to watch out for.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Attachment 15746

You know what? It's a sport. It's a stupid sport. It's not worth blowing up cars and drunk driving and smashing stuff. Humanity needs to evolve past this ****.
LL

1 - 20 of 61 Posts