VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
i like what snopes.com had to say about this story:

Quote:
Certainly most of us prefer that any animals used for food be raised and killed humanely, but we don't have to look to China to find exceptions to this standard -- there are plenty of cows, chickens, pigs, and other food animals being raised and slaughtered in appalling fashion right here in our own backyard. But of course, since we keep dogs as pets, we arrogantly assume we have the moral right to tell the rest of the world what they can do with their dogs. Why worry about the suffering of millions of our own livestock and poultry animals if we can beat up on somebody else for daring to eat dogs? As usual, the issue isn't really about the right of all animals to be treated humanely; it's only about the right of a small subset of cute and endearing animals to be treated humanely.

·
Registered
230 Posts
While this is disturbing to me.. it is no more disgusting to us then Americans eating beef is disgusting to people who revere the cow in such places as India. That article on Snopes.com has good points .. no matter how much we may hate whats happening to those dogs.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
You know how the last world cup was held in Japan and Korea? Well, since in Korea it's not unknown to use dogs in the kitchen. And there was this thing on the news about how there's uproar over Korean cuisine. And there my family is, eating spaghetti bolognese (w/ beef) saying how disgusting eating dogs is. I think that Hindus wouldn't take kindly to their eating cows. It's a cultural thing, but we tend to forget that an animal is an animal. I have no plans to pan-fry Jasper. Likewise, daisy the cow has no place in the wok.

It is funny how some animals are food and others are friends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.