VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the "Everything Raw Food Recipe Book" on display at the library yesterday and checked it out. I'm hooked!
I want to incorporate more raw food into my diet. I'm just ate a marinated kale salad that was to die for
and I'm drinking an apple/ginger smoothie.
I feel very satisfied and refreshed after eating this meal.

They have mentioned soaking and sprouting many times throughout the book. I love this idea. Does anyone have a sprouter? Could I go the cheap route and use something like this: http://www.therawdiet.com/hempsproutbag.html

I have a million other questions but I'm going to try to do some research first.

Then I need to decide what products to purchase...getting a better blender is in the works and I still need a microplane zester and mandoline...do any of you use dehydrators?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I use a jar and towel, get the beans wet, filter out the water through the towel so the beans are wet but not sitting in water. Then I repeat that about three times a day and they usually sprout the second or third day. I tried a flour sack cloth as a covering, but it didn't allow enough water through so I'll probably just stick to a towel or try to find some kind of mesh. I don't sprout enough to want to buy any specific product for it, but if I did I'd get one of those screw on mesh lids like in the amazon link.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I have three different sized plastic grid tops that go on a wide mouth jar. Bought it at our local co op.
alfalfa seeds should be able to be bought at a HFS too....I actually get a mixed sprouting mix from there.

you can also sprout wheat berries for baking bread, but you need to read up on that.....I haven't done it before, but it's more nutritious for you, from what I read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts