VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
another Kreeli original! i just baked this yesterday, glazed it this morning, and it will be consumed after easter dinner tonight!

Spring Time Mango "Better Than Cheesecake"

Crust:

2 cups crushed oatmeal cookie crumbs

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup melted margarine

Filling:

3 and 1/3rd tubs of Tofutti's Better Than Cream Cheese, plain flavour (if you are using another brand, you need 350g, or 24oz)

1 cup sugar

2 cups mango puree (about 3 large, ripe mangoes)

3/4 cup medium silken tofu, blended until completely smooth, with 3 tbsp tapioca starch and 1 tbsp light oil

2 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 tsp salt

Lemon Glaze:

1/2 cup sugar

1 1/2 tbsp tapioca starch

1/4 tsp salt

3/4 cup water

1/3 cup fresh lemon juice

1 tbsp margarine

Mix the oatmeal cookie crumbs with the sugar. Then stir in the melted margarine until well-mixed. Press this into the bottom of a 9" round springform pan. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.

Beat the "Better Than Cream Cheese" with the sugar until smooth. Add the whipped tofu/starch/oil mixture and whip thoroughly. Pour in the mango puree and vanilla and beat until combined. Pour the filling over the oatmeal cookie crust and return the pan to the oven. Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes at 325 F, or until the top of the cake starts to lightly brown. Remove from the oven (the middle of the cake may seem loose; that's okay), and let cool on your counter; then chill in the fridge for several hours or overnight.

When the cake is completely chilled, make the glaze. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, starch, and salt. Add the water and lemon juice and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in the margarine until melted, and then pour over the chilled cake. You may garnish the cake with a few slices of mango now, if you like. Return to the fridge for another few hours, or overnight.

To serve, release the latch on the pan and press the cake up from the bottom with your hands.

Serves 8-12 people.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I was looking for a cheesecake alternative and this one sounds fantastic. I wanted to copy it to my word processor so I could print it out but my computer would not let me for some reason.

Thanks any how.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's weird...

i could email it to you, if you want.

i didn't have a printer for the LONGEST time, and i used to handwrite all the recipes i found online onto paper. but i'm crazy, i guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts