VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newest form of activism is turning on my "allow random users to message you" feature on ICQ and my other chat programs.

When people message me I say, "have you seen these yet? www.meetyourmeat.com www.wegmanscruelty.com" I usually get a few snide comments or questions, but I respond with "I think people are free to make their own choice about what they eat, but they deserve to know the truth about where their food comes from." From there I tell them that if they want any resources on cruelty-free recipes, nutrition, or even groups in their area, I can help them find them (www.vegcooking.com, www.pcrm.org, and for group just do a google search).

I've gotten a lot of positive responses from this. People who start out by saying "I love steak" end up saying that what they saw in the videos is cruel, some have even said right then that they want to go veg.

(on a side note, I chose wegmanscruelty.com to show them because I figure that if they can have compassion for a chicken, then a cow or pig is easy)

So go ahead, try it and post your experiences, or tell us what other forms of online activism you do!

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
That's a great idea. Online activism is something that almost anyone can do, and from your description it really does sound effective.

As for other examples.. Well there's e-mail signatures for example, where you can put an AR quote or a link to an AR page/video. I also know that when using P2P software (the kind where people share music and other files with others) some people share AR info files. You can also upload AR vids on YouTube and I guess post them on MySpace (although there of course you should be careful not to post them just anywehre, so that people don't see it as spamming or whatever).

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Did you see the thing about the guy who legally changed his NAME to kentuckyfriedcruelty.com..?! THAT'S dedication!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, yeah I did see that. It's pretty funny. "Hi, my name is kentuckyfriedcruelty.com" I guess that one way to get a website out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts