VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
By reducing federal spending on schools so much, were you insinuating that states would take up what the fed budget stops, or are schools just going to suffer that amount? Did/do your children go to public or private school? Was it a good school?

I read the other day that the only proven way of reducing the poverty of minorities is by increasing the amount of education they get.

Do you believe in Affirmative Action? (If you would give me more than a yes or no, I'd appreciate it. I'm still formulating my own thoughts on the topic, and that recent article swayed me to the pro-AA side.)

I probably shouldn't ask so many questions, sorry Tame, I'll let other people have a chance.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Tame, will you please email me a picture of yourself, if you don't want to post it on the boards? I promise I won't share it. Or laugh.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Tame-

How do you respond to people who give (gave) you a hard time about your diet? IE- anygood Tame-style comebacks? You never join into our discussions of comebacks to annoying comments.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikie

By reducing federal spending on schools so much, were you insinuating that states would take up what the fed budget stops, or are schools just going to suffer that amount? Did/do your children go to public or private school? Was it a good school?
Cut taxes by the appropriate amount, let states either atx or manage their budgets to make up the shortfall.

I attended a public school, the kids go to private. I detest the public schools in most of Atlanta, although there are some county schools I would let them attend.

Quote:
I read the other day that the only proven way of reducing the poverty of minorities is by increasing the amount of education they get.
Partially correct. You have to increase access to a quality education. I personally think vouchers, in some manner is the best method to allow those who wish to succeed to do so.

Quote:
Do you believe in Affirmative Action? (If you would give me more than a yes or no, I'd appreciate it. I'm still formulating my own thoughts on the topic, and that recent article swayed me to the pro-AA side.)
I don't agree with affirmative action for any private enterprise. If it is a government body with a past history of discrimination, then it may be appropriate (if tax dollars are used, all should have reasonably equal access.)

Affirmative action did have its place, but I feel it is too divisive now.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Kreeli

Tame, will you please email me a picture of yourself, if you don't want to post it on the boards? I promise I won't share it. Or laugh.
If I ever get my scanner working, you'll be the first to get one.

I kinda like the mystery myself...

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Thalia

Tame-

How do you respond to people who give (gave) you a hard time about your diet? IE- anygood Tame-style comebacks? You never join into our discussions of comebacks to annoying comments.
Never had many problems. Not being pro-AR makes a difference.

I did have someone at the 4th of July two years ago ask how I can eat Gardenburgers. Something like "How can you eat something that looks so nasty?"

My reply? "I ask myself the same question whenever I look at your wife."

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kerouac

favourite old school and new school vb members?
Old school - too many to name. Too name just a few Kreeli, K-dawg, Thalia, Michael, Teri/Spud, LF, Avalon, Robert, KC, and some others I am just not thinking of offhand...

New school - several make the shortlist - Oneness, Oatmeal, Smedley, Erin, SystmDownGrl, and a few others.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Oatmeal

How many online boards do you read, and have you ever been banned from one?

An average of 5. Here, the Ms. Magazine board, patriarch.com, blackworldtoday.com (currently down), and Frankie's Mixed Bag (animalethics.com ).

Never banned, just warned. VS would ban me on site though...

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
do you think there has been much progress with eliminating racism on the planet, but esp in the south?

i am in the florida panhandle and i know it can be pretty crappy here.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
WHOO-FREAKIN HOOO!!! imade it on your list!! what a freakin buzz!!! i have always loved your postings--i love the way that you post and that you make no apologies for any of it!!! i WISH i coul be as brave--and so, my god as you present yourself--tell me something--do not make me come up with a question!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by oneness

do you think there has been much progress with eliminating racism on the planet, but esp in the south?

i am in the florida panhandle and i know it can be pretty crappy here.
Progress? Certainly. Much better now in the US than ever before.

I don't see racism ever going away completely.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smedley

WHOO-FREAKIN HOOO!!! imade it on your list!! what a freakin buzz!!! i have always loved your postings--i love the way that you post and that you make no apologies for any of it!!! i WISH i coul be as brave--and so, my god as you present yourself--tell me something--do not make me come up with a question!!!!!!!!!
Nope - you have to ask a question.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
allrighty tame--what about a woman attracts you first? i have to know to see if i fit it!!! this all in good fun knowing we are both married!! tho ther are those swingers clubs are there not?????!!!!

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smedley

allrighty tame--what about a woman attracts you first? i have to know to see if i fit it!!! this all in good fun knowing we are both married!! tho ther are those swingers clubs are there not?????!!!!
To be blunt, I like that aszzzzz.

A good sense of humor is a must, just to get past the first few words with me. (Otherwise I usually end up getting slapped or a drink poured on me.)

I also like self-confidence in a woman.

But again, that aszzzzz is important.

21 - 40 of 142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.