VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why it's unavilable in Canada?

I used to purchase this great, soy & spirulina based non-GMO protein powder in Ontario & NS, but now I have to go to the States to buy it.

I must say, it's a terrific value, as it gives 100% of the RDA for most vitamins & minerals + the protein. Also, it comes in great flavours, a huge variety: I just bought chocolate chip cookie dough & cherries jubilee in Maine!!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hasn;t anyone on VB tried this protein powder? I must say I'm shocked if that's the case. It's cheap & delicious & very nutritious. Just made a cookie dough flavour shake last night, & it suppressed my hunger in an exceptional way. It's also only around $20 for a months' supply!!

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I remember trying a couple packets of this years ago. I remember cookies n cream, and strawberry shortcake or strawberries & cream or something like that. There were a couple others, I don't really remember & I don't recall if I really enjoyed them or not.

·
Registered
471 Posts
No idea why it's illegal in Canada, but your post made me remember that I had several packs in the pantry from my last trip to the States ... and since I'm barely going to have time to breathe, much less cook, for the next seven days, now might be a good time to put them to use. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningCalm View Post

No idea why it's illegal in Canada, but your post made me remember that I had several packs in the pantry from my last trip to the States ... and since I'm barely going to have time to breathe, much less cook, for the next seven days, now might be a good time to put them to use. Thanks!
Glad to have helped!!

Since I work at a hfs part-time, I am going to do my best to get Spiru-tein back in Canada. I'm bringing it in to show the store owner when I work there on Tues.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! So far my favorite flavor is the banana, with a frozen banana blended in. The other flavors seem weird to me, the chocolate and peanut butter one is not bad though. I honestly can't get enough of the banana shakes though. I got a 1 pound container for 18.95 at the HFS. It's also sold on amazon.com

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My store is trying to bring Spiru-tein back into Canada!!

I am loving my cookie dough flavour Spiru-tein more than anything but chocolate VEGA, which costs umpteen times more...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts