VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Herbivorous Urchin
Joined
·
9,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like every summer, I eat a ton of spinach. Yesterday I had ten cups of spinach, today It looks like I will be eating an entire 'Organic Girl' container of it with Strawberries, sunflower seeds, rye croutons, and briannas poppy seed Dressing!

Does anyone else adore spinach?
http://theveganproject.files.wordpre...05/spinach.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
I love spinach. Adore it. I just wish our backyard spinach would grow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,914 Posts
WANT! What's all in there?

I love spinach too, I can't wait until mine starts growing a little more.
 

·
Herbivorous Urchin
Joined
·
9,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigBug View Post

WANT! What's all in there?

I love spinach too, I can't wait until mine starts growing a little more.
Strawberries, sun-dried tomatoes, brianna's poppyseed dressing (which is vegan, i emailed and asked), home made croutons, annnd.... I believe that is it. Fresh pepper, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,914 Posts
I couldn't figure out what the tomatoes were, LOL. How do you make homemade croutons? The plate is extremely cute too!
 

·
Herbivorous Urchin
Joined
·
9,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBigBug View Post

I couldn't figure out what the tomatoes were, LOL. How do you make homemade croutons? The plate is extremely cute too!
I take a hard loaf of friend (like a hard kind of bread, often sourdough) and cut it into squares, season thoroughly, and dehydrate or bake until toasty!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,914 Posts
Wow, that's easy..

Back to the topic of spinach: What else do you use it for besides salad? I'm the weird one who will put the spinach leaves (HATE canned/frozen spinach) on baked potatoes.
 

·
Riot Nrrrd
Joined
·
3,008 Posts
Fresh spinich + mashed tofu is pretty yummy in Italian dishes (lasagna, calzone, and so on). Plus easy easy easy ...

But ya gotta be careful your biceps don't move down to your forearms. Time to lay off the spinach then. Segar's Syndrome ya know ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

I make spinach pancakes too
They're VERY tasty.
That sounds fantastic and amazing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,914 Posts
I've never heard of spinach pancakes. *Runs off to look up the recipe*
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I love spinach. I love it raw and cooked but I hate how it wilts up and shrinks when cooked.
I kind of love that, it's like magic!

I put half a bag in my pasta and it almost disappears!
 

·
Herbivorous Urchin
Joined
·
9,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll admit, I don't like spinach when it gets wrinkley and shrinky when it's cooked >.< but that's a texture thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I kind of love that, it's like magic!

I put half a bag in my pasta and it almost disappears!
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

I'll admit, I don't like spinach when it gets wrinkley and shrinky when it's cooked >.< but that's a texture thing.
It's a "where the **** did my spinach go?" thing for me. (I get the texture thing though.) It's a disappointing magic trick because I don't like good things disappearing
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

It's a "where the **** did my spinach go?" thing for me. (I get the texture thing though.) It's a disappointing magic trick because I don't like good things disappearing
.
Totally. I buy a ****ing pillow case full of spinach, and I end up with a handfull after it's cooked.

Still love it, though.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top