VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This recipe doesn't have measurements because it's all made to taste. You decide how hot you want it, whether you want tomatoes, whether you want feta, etc. Feel free to experiment with your favourite vegetables to personalize this recipe.<br><br><br><br>
-one english cucumber<br><br>
-cherry tomatoes<br><br>
-feta cheese<br><br>
-olive oil<br><br>
-balsamic vinegar (can substitute other vinegars)<br><br>
-spicy hot chilli oil (you can probably find it in a grocery store with other types of oil. It's just oil with spices in it)<br><br>
-salt and pepper<br><br><br><br>
For dressing:<br><br>
In a lidded jar or a mug, combine vinegar, olive oil, and just a touch of the spicy oil (be warned: a little goes a long way, it's hot!). If using a jar, close tightly and shake, if using a mug, use a fork to rigorously mix.<br><br>
Taste your concotion. If it's too hot, add a little olive oil and vinegar. If it's too sour, add more olive oil. If it's too plain, add more vinegar. If it's not hot enough, add a little bit more spicy oil. Mix well.<br><br>
Add salt and pepper to taste.<br><br><br><br>
For salad:<br><br>
Chop cucumber and tomatoes into bite size pieces, combine in a bowl. Crumble feta cheese overtop.<br><br><br><br>
Pour your dressing on the salad, toss, and enjoy.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Thanks for such a nice and good explanation on the preparation of the Cucumber Salad. This will be more useful for everyone. By the way have you heard about one of my favorite restaurant <a href="http://www.eretzkosher.com" target="_blank">MENU - ERETZ KOSHER FOODS</a> which provided a good kosher foods and products. And they are also providing catering service.

·
Banned
4 Posts
I am on dieting. My diet includes salad. So i am trying different types of salad on breakfast. I found this one very interesting. I will definitely try it. But few ingredient i would suggest you that can be added to make it more yummy. You can add a bowl of small chobbed pieces of red cherry. It will really be great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts