VeggieBoards banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
It's good mixed with scrambled eggs if you eat them, or scrambled tofu if you don't. Eat it with tortillas and salsa for a breakfast burrito.<br><br><br><br>
You can put it on top of taco salad, on a Mexican pizza or as a filling for enchiladas or tamales

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks blue.I don't eat eggs any more but I get it just use it in place of.... ,so I mixed with potatos and beans. thank you<br><br>
good day to you to Buenos my mom cooked chorizo for me and and bros and sis as a child but I lost my mom a couple yrs.ago, so when it comes new stuff I need help I only need help because I don't cook alot of spanish/mex food thanks though a black bean pizza sounds great W/a great red wine

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I like to stuff it into bell peppers or poblano peppers along with onions, corn or hominy, and black beans. There's a great recipe in <b>Passionate Vegetarian</b>. Basically, you split the peppers, sear them in a very hot pan with a small amount of vegetable oil until they're lightly scorched and just barely cooked. Set the peppers aside to drain. Right there in the same pan, with the pepper-flavored oil still in the bottom, throw in in some diced onion. Cook that on medium-high heat until softened, then add a little cumin and oregano. Cook fora minute, then add a can of drained/rinsed black beans, some corn or hominy, and a spoonful of adobo sauce (you can use tomato paste if you don't have adobo sauce or know what it is). Cook that all together for a couple minutes to meld, then add the soyrizo, removed from the casing and crumbled. If the mixture seems too dry, you can drizzle in a little water. Take it off the heat and stuff it into the split peppers. Bake the stuffed peppers at 400 F for 6-8 minutes. You can serve them with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa verde, whatever you like. It makes a really pretty presentation when you use assorted color peppers. I've attached a picture of soyrizo stuffed poblanos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts