VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Kearn Soya Granulaes good, I saw them at the health food store yesterday and I asked the giy that worked there about them and he looked blank? Anyone have any thoughts?

11,550 Posts
i've never seen or heard of them before, but i googled, and i found Fearn Soya Granules- which look very interesting. from the pages containing them, they seem to be a cross between tsp (textured soy protein) and chopped nuts- texture and useage wise. it seems you can put them in all kinds of things, from baked goods (in which they'll add a soft chewy fibrous quality) to cookies (in which they'll act like chopped nuts). i'd be inclined to give them a try, if they aren't too expensive or if you can buy a small jar, cos you could probably put them in loads of stuff from cookies and muffins (as mentioned) or nutloafs and chill and soup etc.<br><br><br><br>
i wonder if they are just textured soya protein, repackaged, or something similar made by a different process. i couldn't find a Fearn company website for more info, but then, i just had a quick look.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the website it is modernfearn.com. It seems they are crushed toasted soybeans which is interesting, I want to try them. They seem a bit different then TVP, because they are not defatted soy flour, the ingredients simply say soybeans. I looked on the website and it said their soy products were non-gmo, so I may just give them a try.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will let you know. I bet they are used more widely in Europe than in America. But I will let you know how they are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts