VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am struggling with bad skin at the moment, usual due to hormones having havoc.

I take soya shake during the day now that I exercise. I need it.

Can soya give you break outs?

Sorry sounds like a dumb question is just I am cutting back on junk, caffeine and booze and just want make sure I am not taking something that can make my break outs worse.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I don't really know, but are you making it yourself with soy powder or soy milk? Or is it a premade soy shake in a container? If so, it probably has other components in a premade shake vs you making it yourself.

·
Banned
437 Posts
Actually, soy can absolutely break you out. It can be a sign of being intolerant to it. I have a diagnosed soy allergy, and one of my more mild symptoms when I accidentally ingest it is horrible, inflamed acne for a week or two. Otherwise, my skin is usually pretty well-behaved. The acne kicks in a day or two after I ingest the soy, and it goes away in about a week and a half. According to my allergist, that's when it's out of my system.

Even if you're not allergic per se, it's possible you're sensitive to it. It breaks out one of my friends, too, and she isn't anywhere near as allergic as I am (her breakouts don't get as bad as mine, either.) Why not eliminate it for a couple weeks, just to be sure?

·
Registered
139 Posts
it can be both, as mentioned. But milk gives me breakout near my time of the month so I would cut out one and see if it helps. If you want to cut out milk, I usually make my shakes with almond milk because of its sweetness

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.