VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been very unfortunate because no matter how much i like soy milk, i cannot drink it. my body does not agree with it. i just get stomach pains and/or diarrhoea. and trust me, it happens all the time, even with a new carton of soy milk so i know it's not a matter of freshness. thing is, i do not have the problem with soy yogurt or tofu. what's up with me?! and no, i cannot have rice milk either because i am gluten intolerant. i am afraid of trying almond milk (in fact, i won't) because i am quite intolerant to nuts as well. unlucky or wht??! anyone else has this prob with soy milk?<br><br><br><br>
something tells me my anorexic years seriously screwed me up inside....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Both yogurt and tofu have cultures that 'pre-digest' some of the protiens and starches in soy-at least that is my understanding. Both dairy and soy yogurts have beneficial bacteria that live in the gut and help your body digest food. Sometimes people don't have enough of these little beasties (especially after taking antibiotics) and that can make some foods difficult to digest. If this is the case, eating more cultured and fermented food is supposed to help. There are supplements too, thoughI don't know any brand names.<br><br>
Brandy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts