VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far so good!! The rice milk has turned out BEAUTIFULLY. The rice + almond was a bit too thick, so I may decide to make them separately and mix later if I want to combine those flavors.

My 50lb of Laura Soy Beans arrived today! I've got my first batch soaking to make tonight and have in the morning. I cannot believe how MANY beans there were in there!! I guess I should have known, that bag full of beans is enough to make 90 (yes NINTY!) gallons of soy milk.

I've also got a tofu press on the way... when that gets here, I'll be playing with that right away too!

It's so great to be able to make a quart as needed instead of worrying about using it before it goes bad... and it tastes a LOT better.

I think I found a good calcium powder online to add into the milk when it's done, too. That way it's fortified like the store bought stuff. I just want to see if I can find a bigger container than they offer, before I buy.

Anyway! In case anyone cared, LOL.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
That's great bekajoi.
My friend makes her own milks and adds calcium to them as well. I'll be interested to hear about your tofu escapades.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts