VeggieBoards banner

Soy milk maker product pics!

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Lani 
#1 ·
I've been using my soy milk maker more these days and got some pics last night of what I have in the fridge right now.

I made my first block of tofu! The purple pitcher has rice milk, and the clear pitcher is raw almond milk.
LL
LL
LL

See less See more
#4 ·
The rice tastes pretty close to Vanilla Rice Dream when I put vanilla and a little sugar in there. The soy milk is just right when adding a little salt, vanilla, and sugar (I like the vanilla versions of the store bought milks)~ never tried store-bought almond milk, but it's pretty good!

The tofu is pretty easy, really, but you have to have the right equipment. Soy milk maker is the first one. You also need a tofu press, muslin cloth (like a handkercheif~ one comes with the press kit), and a coagulating agent. I got all of mine here: http://www.soymilkquick.com/

Make soy milk as usual (using minimum water amount)~ can leave as is, or strain into another pitcher. Add coagulator, cover and let sit 15-20m. Put press into a colander, in the sink. Lay the straining cloth over the inside of the press. Pour curds and whey (what the coagulator makes the soy milk into) into the cloth, fold the cloth over so it's covered completely. Put the top of the press on, and push out the excess water. (can push out less if you want it soft, or more for firm)~ Let it sit 15-20m. It is ready for cooking OR storing at this point.

Really, it's 30-40m of waiting and 5 min of work to make the soy milk into tofu.

#9 ·
Fresh is, well, fresher. It does go bad faster, because it doesn't have the preservatives, but it makes a small-ish batch so it's not hard to use up in time. It's not fortified, so keep that in mind and either add a supplement to the drink or take a vitamin.

Overall, though, I like it better, and not just on the cost end of things.

#11 ·
Had that batch of tofu for dinner... OMG so good. I put some sweet & sour sauce on it and baked it~ made some stir fried veggies and brown rice, and put it all together~ YUM. I've got pics but will put them up a bit later. Need to get kids in bed and list some auctions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.