VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've never had that problem, even with super-processed soy. I haven't been constipated at all since I went Vegan four years ago unless I was taking too much pain medication.

·
Registered
516 Posts
No problems with soy in regards to my bowels here. I eat a high fiber diet and I used to eat soy all of the time. Are you drinking enough water with your foods?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Aussy i dont drink w/ meals but i drink TONS of water. at least 4 bottles a day. and some juices

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well I eat my fair share of soy and can't say I ever have that feeling. In fact, without being crude, I have little problem in that department.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Constipation could be due to a food allergy/intolerance. If it only occurs when eating soy and you have no other symptoms, you're probably just a bit intolerant to soy. In that case, I'd keep the amounts of soy in your diet low but continue to eat it if you like it.

If, you're also sneezing, getting nasal congestion . . . rashes, hives, etc. within 2-6 hours after eating soy, it's probably a full blown allergy and you need to avoid soy altogether. If you want to know for sure, an allergist can run the tests for you. But if you're short on money, do the elimination test to eliminate other foods. If soy always gives the same results, you have your answer.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input all.

4evergrounded - The only new addition to my diet is a lot more tofu. I've always had a lot of miso soup in my diet though.... so i wonder...

bapace - This is the only symptom... i guess i may be a bit intollerant...

that stinks

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Not at all. In fact, I'm very loose and relaxed in my gut, and when I get my digital camera battery recharged, I can post a lot of photos in this thread to prove it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Not at all. In fact, I'm very loose and relaxed in my gut, and when I get my digital camera battery recharged, I can post a lot of photos in this thread to prove it.
that's really generous of you

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
For me Dairy = Constipation, after I get past the "trying not to barf" phase of attempts to digest dairy (which is only done when consuming it accidentally... I know better than to eat it on purpose).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've never had that problem before, luckily.

When I still ate/ drank dairy I had alot of constipation problems

I was probably lactose intolerant.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts