·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about that Ghoststar. Have you been to Susun Weed's site. She is a green witch and teaches the Wise Woman Traditions. I don't think that she would be part of a conspiracy of the Dairy Monkeys.

I am doing a little experiment right now. I am avoiding all soy products. Believe me when I tell you that that is very hard to do. It is everywhere!! I am using goat's milk. You see, about 4 years ago I gave up a lot of dairy in favour of soy products. I used soy milk and ate soy meat analogs. I have noticed that my memory and concentration has not been very good. I have also gained weight and it is very hard to lose it. (harder then it would normally be).

My point is that soy may be good for you but the way that people jump on the bandwagon for any new health product is to overdo it. Maybe we are all eating too much.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would recommend moderation with soy products. I have read the warnings but I also see Japanese culture and their use of soy products in moderation and how healthy they are.

And, I can't say I entirely diagree with Ghoststar's assessement of the dairy industry.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kreeli, your post raises some very good points. Your web link, though, does not clearly show soy as good or bad and that is entirely correct.

I would point out that consumption of soy products is actually relatively low in Japan with the average daily consumption of a Japanese man at 2 tsp. and they combine that with small amounts of meat.

While some try to "debunk" the benefits and argue the disadvantages of soy products, I would like you to consider this. We all know that the dairy industry is involved in a conspiracy. But who is benefiting from us all consuming large amounts of soy. As I have said, it is everywhere. The soy producers are the ones benefiting. Since soy is probably one of the first and the largest GMO crops, I believe that we are being used as guinea pigs for GM studies. If you do eat soy then please make sure that it is organic.

I hope that I am not coming across as doomsayer. I am just concerned about my health and that of the Earth. And I hate greedy corporations!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't read any of the pro or anti soy articles yet (I'm too busy with school), so I don't know if soy is bad or not, but here are some websites that say soy is safe:

http://www.vegsource.com/articles/al...soy_update.htm

http://www.veganoutreach.org/health/soysafe.html

http://www.foodrevolution.org/what_about_soy.htm

Also, there are other "milks" out there for people who don't like soy: rice milk, almond milk, oat milk... At a health food store I saw tins of vegetarian protein powder that said "soy-free" on it. It was rice protein. I'd like to have more Quinoa in my diet, but it's hard to get because I live with my non-veggie parents and they only shop at Safeway and Costco! I don't have much of my own spending money either because I am a full-time student.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Soy is a legume for heavens sake, it is food, it is not a drug, it grows in the ground and is no different than anyother food that we eat. I don't understand why people are so worried about one little plant food. All illnesses are not diet related. Memory loss can be attributed to a lot of things, aluminum has been shown to be a cause of alzheimers, cooking in aluminum pans, using deoderant that contains aluminum and baking powder that contains aluminum. These are of concern where memory loss is concerned. The study they are using to blame memory loss on soy was done in Hawaii, on men who were consuming soy that was processed in aluminum. Drug use and alcohol consumption can also affect memory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts