VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see a post about it and want to know your thoughts.Does soy make you period.worse or better? I have read sooo much supporting both ways.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
when i ate soy my periods were worse, mostly the hormone fluctuation part. i avoid soy now for digestive reasons as well as hormonal.

·
Unintentionally Kittened
683 Posts
Soy was amazing; it greatly reduce the amount of pain i was in (and it also made my cycles longer). I don't eat much soy these days but fortunately giving up animal products and using reusable menstrual products (as well as now being on medication) helps a lot with the pain and the heaviness.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
What *kind* of soy you're eating and how much much a big difference here.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I didn't notice a difference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm 28 and have had really irregular periods my whole life ( and substantial chunks of time where I didn't have one at all! ) . Since going almost-vegan (occasional egg consumption) they've occurred exactly 30 days apart for 5 months. Amazing! According to doctor ( who I was seeing about something else ) my estrogen was low and this raised it. My skin also totally cleared up ( but maybe that was dropping dairy..) .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.