VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
559 Posts
long live the black hills! and wind cave! by the way...i'm still looking into that reunion thing i was telling you about (if you remember, ha!)...but i don't think it'll work. the friend i was going to go with will be in europe at the time...

·
Registered
72 Posts
so does anyone else feel annoyed by the signs on the interstate...."we south dakotans reject animal activists" and the other one....something bout not exploiting animals would cause economic ruin? i think they are horrible. i feel so very welcome in my home state

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamari View Post

so does anyone else feel annoyed by the signs on the interstate...."we south dakotans reject animal activists" and the other one....something bout not exploiting animals would cause economic ruin? i think they are horrible. i feel so very welcome in my home state
I for one am DISGUSTED by the signs! I recently saw the one "we south dakotans reject animal activists"

I am from Louisiana & was viviting Minnesota & we decided to spend part of our vacation in S.D. But after seeing the sign we dicided it was not a place for us at all.....Whoever put up these signs should be ashamed of themselves & I refused to spend one red cent in the state! I am very happy to say that my money was well spent in other states! Its sad bacause S.D. is such a beautiful state but the sign is BAD for tourists to see! The sign sickened me & I am sure a lot of other travelers feel the same way.

·
Registered
283 Posts
hey im in ND but visit SD often (was just there a couple wks ago) to visit friend in Rapid City - just thought i would say hi to the ppl in the neighboring state!! (ND board is very lonely *sniffle*)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamari View Post

When I saw that sign coming in from MN, I felt really bad, like I had been personally insulted and threatened. If I lived near the border and saw it often, I would definitely change my route or avoid going into SD. I'd think the government would make an effort to convince the person to remove it, since tourism is so big there and it's such a rude sign.

I love the Badlands, though!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.