VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do the ones that come in jars with 'lightly sweetened' stuff around them, have any nutritional benefit??

ill eat them either way, love'm. but i wonder if theres any vitamin c in there?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

Maraschino cherries?
No I think she means the sour morello cherries in a glass.

And I don't know what their nutritional benefit would be other than antioxidants.

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I ordered sour cherry concentrate from a website online. It does have mucho antioxidants. You're supposed to take 1-2 tablespoons a day mixed in water or seltzer or anything else you like. It started because my boss has gout and the sour cherry juice is supposed to be good for gout. Then it said it also helps fibromyalgia so I figured, what the heck. It can't hurt. I take it when I remember and so far my boss hasn't had a gout attack.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
There's likely to be some nutritional value in the syrup, so if you enjoy it I say drink it. (Or combine it with some agar and possibly a bit of water and make some really good gelled dessert.)

Last year when cherries were in season, I bought one of those giant buckets of unsweetened sour cherries and froze them. I'm looking forward to eating them all winter :)

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
I like dried cherries. I bring them with me to school on Mondays, when I bring oatmeal for lunch and I stir them in. (when I make oatmeal at home I add fresh fruit) I think they've at least got some fiber and antioxidants... probably other things too, but cherries are so small it's one of those things you might have to eat a ton of them to get a good bit of vitamins.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow thanks
you're all too wise!
and yup, they're so yum. love them.

i just figured that when they were syruped and jarred..the vitamin c etc died.

but yeah, antioxidants etc, true true.

and they taste good, so ...they're becoming a summer staple. yuuuum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts