VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was pretty much inevitable anyway. I'm moving this weekend, I'm working overtime, my husband and my mother-in-law (both staying in apartment with me) are sick.... and tonight I woke up with a killer sore throat. So fun. Trying not to be pissed at them, but I'm human!<br><br><br><br>
What can I take for it? Its inflamed and swollen a bit. Also, there is a woman who is 36 weeks pregnant at work and a man recovering from kidney transplant at work and I'm scared to infect them. I've already taken off a lot of work that I can't afford to take off from work but I feel really badly to go in with a cold starting. What would you do?

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
peppermint drops of some sort are very good. anything from peppermint candies (which are usually my last choice) to some kind of sugar free mint to some kind of peppermint drop available at a health food store for sore throats. i find that it helps.<br><br><br><br>
as for the rest of it, be sure to get enough rest, drink teas (peppermint, chamomile, ginger), eat well (lots of veggies), and warn your friends so that they can build up their immune systems.<br><br><br><br>
and, it's not your family's fault, btw. you could have picked this up anywhere, and you picked it up because your immune system was depressed due to the stresses that you're under (not enough sleep, overworked). it just happens when we are in such a position.

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
You could take some tylenol for the pain. I find frozen desserts (ice creams type, sorbets, ice pops) help, as do hot teas.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I second what zoe and rabid said. also your immunity is down just from being pregnant, so on top adding overworking and stress you are bound to catch something.<br><br>
just rest as much as possible, lots of liquids, and tylenol for pain is safe in pregnancy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts