VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am a long-time vegetarian (18 years, since I was 12) who decided to start eating chicken again a couple months ago (in preparation for fieldwork in a foreign country - figured it was easier than explaining vegetarianism). Around the same time, I noticed a lot of breast soreness and tenderness, and the nurse said my breasts felt "oddly full." Am I totally off base for thinking that the sudden consumption of chicken (2-3 times per week, and not the good organic kind!) could be related to breast changes? I have normal problems if I accidentally ingest pork or beef (i.e., diarrhea).

Anyone have experience suddenly going non-veg and experiencing body changes as a result? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I only had breast changes when pregnant, lactating, or when AF was here or on her way...

but I suppose if the chicken is hormone-laden, it could be throwing off your internal balance and be causing issues.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'd suspect pregnancy personally. I can't imagine a little chicken would make my boobs bigger. Being pregnant however does!

·
Registered
898 Posts
I remember having very sore breasts many years ago (and I was veg - not eating chicken- and not pregnant).

I had asked my ob/gyn about it and she said that caffeine can do it. Maybe do a check of how much caffeine you are getting too?

I cut back on my caffefine (I was still drinking alot of coke at that time and coffee) and the soreness went away.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I dont think its the chicken i think its against the law to add synthetic hormones to chicken feed in the usa. but i do remember reading about some tests finding arsenic in chicken livers? maybe just eat organic raised chickens if possible,

i would guess the breast fullness and soreness is either related to AF or caffeine intake

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
It's not against the law to give hormones to chickens in the US. I don't really think the hormones are a likely cause of the op's problem, but that's just gut instinct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts