VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like sharing.

I meditate. When I start to feel it happen, it first starts in my solar plexus. It doesn't necessarily happen while I meditate. Most time it doesn't happen at all then. I think the meditating opens up a consciousness or something. Anyhow, I get this certain feeling and then start listening. It's not like voices or anything crazy like that. It's an intuition.

Quick example of something simple. I was sitting at my desk last Friday. My boss was standing there speaking with me. I heard the door open around the corner out of site. I remember feeling like "I wish someone would send me flowers" and then Jackie, our receptionist came around the corner. She had two big planters with her. An agent sent a thank you to my boss and one of my coworkers. That's the first time anyone has received flowers since I've been there (2 years). At that instant the door opened, I felt that I wanted someone to send me flowers.

A few weeks ago my boyfriend and I are rollin' down the street and he's looking out the window away from me. I grabbed his hand while we are sitting at the light. At that moment I felt he wanted his hair brush. The instant I reached over and grabbed it from behind, he turned his head to ask me to hand him his hair brush. He's like "hey, how did you know I wanted that? You freak me out sometimes".

Now, when I was little I had this feeling and I interpreted it to be God. I would pray for sick people and they would get better. I would tell my mom that everything would be ok with so and so forth because I had prayed for them. Sure enough folks got better. This went on for years until Uncle Harry. I was about 7 when he passed away after I had prayed for him. I was mad! and confused! I stopped believing. For a long time.

I actually fought it through my teens. Maybe that's why I got into so much trouble. I wouldn't follow my 'gut instinct'. And the feelings were all clouded up with booze and weed so it was hard to hear.

I can pinpoint the next time it was turned on. It was when my friends 18 year old sister was missing. We looked for her for two weeks. Up and down the main streets where she was last seen; the diner where she last ate mashed potatoes and gravy.

Well, I was driving along and I just got this overwhelming feeling that I needed to turn off of the main street down toward the factories. It was such a strong feeling that I couldn't breath and I couldn't control my tears. I had been unnaturally calm up until that point. I turned the car in the direction and started to feel sick. I kept driving until I had to pull over. I tried to get it together and I couldn't.

I went to my friends house and told her about it. She went through that area; even drove down the street where they found her sister days later. I'll spare you the details.

She was spooked by me too. Sadly, our friendship couldn't survive the stangeness of that occurence. It was never the same. I know when I get this sick feeling there's bad trouble.

Four years ago I came home from work midday crying my eyes out. I couldn't stop. I had to lay down. I kept feeling like my head was so heavy I just wanted to lay it down. My boyfriend was home at the time and I just told him I felt like I was dying inside.

I fell asleep and awoke to him telling me that a friend of his shot himself in the head.

Since I've learned to listen though I've also had a world of luck. It seems like everything falls into place. Some say I have a guardian angel/angels that speak to me and use me to help sometimes. It's something. What it is I can try to explain. But I don't tell too many people for fear that they'll get spooked to. My family knows or course and so does my boyfriend. And my best friend. That's it.

Maybe that's why I'm telling you. It feels good to tell it because sometimes I feel like I'm carrying around this secret. But, it's something I'm learning to accept. I really don't know what to call it though. Psychic?

Do you have something about yourself you feel like sharing?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would call it a great case of intuition.

Some people believe we live our lives many times and things like deja vu, or intuition are windows into those past lives.....

Luck you say? Wanna pool some money on the next big lottery?

Something similar about me?

When I was experiencing more panic / anxiety issues than I do now, the "attacks" were almost always preceeded by a feeling of premonition, or deja vu. It was really strange, still can't explain it to myself.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I never get anything that strong MRB> I just get a sick feeling and really sad. I cry for no reason. (like right now) and within a couple days something bad happens. Sometimes I wish things were clearer but then again I am glad they arent.

I agree with pghmountainbkr "I would call it a great case of intuition."

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
damn that solar plexus eh?

i know when something bad is going to happen, i get intense 'butterflies' in the pit of my stomach and will feel like crying for no reason, just like you described.

one day sitting watching tv our now roommate knocked on the door. before he came in i knew someone died. he came in and first thing he said was a friend of his died in an accident. some weeks later we went to his apartment and as we walked up to the door i felt something wasn't right. we went in and found out his fiance left him.

before 9-11 i felt sick in the pit of my stomach the entire day and night before it happened. sick.

a couple weeks after that i got that intense butterflies feeling and was so worried that something was going to happen, i was like having an anxiety attack and could barely breathe. i went to this chat site where spiritual people/mediums go to chat and practice readings, and within 5 minutes of entering chat someone had a connection for me. they said the buzzing in my solar plexus was my grandfather trying to get my attention.

after that point i figured out how to tell the difference between the feeling of something bad happening and the feeling of spirit communication. shortly afterward i was sitting in that chatroom again and i had that feeling again and my hands went ice cold. i could feel a breeze across my face but all the windows were closed. i thought what is that, and suddenly had images of a woman in my mind. i described her perfectly right down to her outfit, makeup and how she styles her hair, sitting at her desk. someone in the chatroom knew her, this person was still alive not spirit. i told her friend that she could expect a call in the next couple days that this woman had a car accident and hurt her head. i think she was astral (out of body)

creepy. at first.

i've done several readings since then, some spirits some people still alive. but not lately, i know how to do it now and that's all i needed, now i know how to shut it on and off, it's off until i can sort out my own stuff. they say you have to heal yourself before you can help heal others, and apparantly i have lots of old energy to deal with.

i know what you mean about things falling into place. we're here for lessons, my lesson is all about myself, not money, so when things start to look bad financially something will happen. last month i was afraid i wouldn't have money for my bf's birthday gift, i bought an instant lottery ticket just for fun and won 50 bucks. stuff like that happens a lot. i'm not supposed to worry about money, it distraction from what i really have to focus on, so i'm always pretty sure things will work themselves out even when it looks bad.

oh, and my Guide pulls my hair
he's an old native with a wacko sense of humour.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I never have anything as strong as you MsRuthieB or you LadyFaile. I have dreams.

One thing I've always done is have very vivid, imaginative dreams. Most of the time they're just silly but quite often I dream about something that's going to happen. It can be anything from a movie I once dreamt of over a year in advance of the promotions for it to dreaming of unique conversations (for instance my cousin Holly is getting married and a couple of the conversations about getting the wedding ready I've dreamt about years ago). I dreamt about a young male once when I was younger, he was from South America and he was so distinct that I still remember him. What he did was hold me and give me comfort in a time when I guess I really needed it.

I used to read tarot cards and one of the first readings I ever did really stood out. It was for one of my co-workers and what I read was that her grandmother was going to pass away soon and there would be trouble when it came to the will. Within weeks her grandmother died and the battle with one of her siblings oer the money began.

The only other things that come to mind are the whole usually knowing who's calling when the phone rings and I have a fairly strong intuition so I've learned to listen to it and follow it in even what appears to be the most simple thing.

Strange thing is that it's more common than I thought for people to have these feelings. Whenever I talk about it there's at least one person who has experienced something similar.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow LF! I was going to mention the 911 experience I had for 3 days prior but I didn't know if I should. Anyhow,I was sick in bed the day before it happened because of the unrest in my stomach and the aching in my heart. I kept calling my parents because it felt like someone was going to die. I told my mom I felt like something bad was going to happen. I hesitantly went to work on 911. When it happened all the pieces fell together. I told one of my coworkers that they'd be coming here (to Cleveland). A short while after the plane that went down in PA was flying over Cleveland. Apparantley it turned around right over downtown.

Do you guys tell anyone about your premonitions? I've started to here and there. I used to not tell anyone because I didn't want them to think I was some kind of freak. Now I basically tell people close to me only because it feels better to let it out.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I have had similar feelings, though rarely. I wish I knew how to hone that feeling, so to speak. I had a similar thing happen driving down the road in my then boyfriend/now husband's old Nova a few minutes before it died with a loud backfire. I didn't say anything. There's others, but I don't remember all the details. How do you hone it, RuthieB? Just pay attention?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i had the same creepy feeling 911. i have hunches alot and people think i'm weird because i can tell who's on the phone by the ring...different people in my life have different sounding rings on the phone to me. i also read character fairly well and experience tons of deja vu type things but it's usually stuff i've dreamt that takes place shortly after. ive also had numerous experiences with ghosts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think meditating helps me a lot. A couple of times a week I really focus on my breathing and concentrate on something. Like I have this really pretty waterball that I like to look at. Or sometimes when I'm lying in bed waiting to go to sleep I try to pay real close attention to what I'm feeling and I try to wipe my mind clean. Sometimes I even try and invision the top of my head being open so that energy can move freely in and out.

For me, the first part of getting in touch was identifing emotional feelings I have that coincided with physical feelings. Trusting youself is the hardest part. Did you ever do something only to say to yourself "Gee, I just knew I shouldn't have done that". Well, you're probably right. You probably did know and yet, because you aren't used to listening and trusting you instinctively ignored it. Sometimes I'm so in tune to what others are feeling that I have to leave the room. It can be overbearing; like sensory overload.

There's one person on VB, for whatever reason, that I made a slight connection with. He was on the fence on whether or not he should do something. I felt that the direction he ended up taking would be the right one and advised. He PM'd me and said I was right on the money with what I had told him. I'm really glad it worked out. While I was reading his posts explaining his dilema, I got this very very warm feeling. I just knew what I had to tell him would be right and that he would actually take it to heart. I've thought about that a few times since. Maybe his spirit guide was working through me?

I've read that the solar plexus is the most receiptive area. I also know that certain things will cloud that receiptiveness. Stuff like drugs, alcohol, etc. will cloud it. Sort of like putting up the window.

I've been studying palmistry for about a year now hoping to connect it to my intuition. Only my close friends know though. People tend to think it's something I can turn on and off. Some folks like LF are in tune and actually know how to do that. I've not figured that part out yet.

·
Banned
559 Posts
i get that feeling...i didnt recognize what exactly it was until not too long ago though.

couple examples before i gotta go to work...

i was driving home and got really really sad and upset for some reason. the first intuition when i got home was to call my friend S. i did and she was crying because her sisters child had just died.

other things pertain a lot to my boyfriend, who is very in tune with his intuition and such. his dad was killed and i was thinking about him, again, while driving and started crying (i never met him) and my bf had had a vision of him at the same time...so little things like that also. or if i know something isnt right, i'll call my bf and ask if he is okay and it may be something little, but there's something. he's better at it than i am, but i'm getting there. i've always had 'this' though and it used to freak me out.

i hate meditation. go figure because i love yoga. my mind just wanders way too much. the one thing that i have found to help a little is concentrating on my chakras....

ok, i have to go or i'll be late!

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I haven't had much luck with meditation, unfortunately. I can't quiet my mind. That contributes to my intermittent bouts of insomnia, too. Like right now I'm preparing for a garage sale and woke up repeatedly through the night thinking of all the stuff I still have to do. Same thing happens with meditaton. When I sit there to try it, I can't stop thinking of the things I should be doing. I have Insight Meditation which contains a workbook with lessons, and 2 CDs worth of guided meditations. I thought the CDs would help me focus. I guess it just comes more easily to some people.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Once you learn to clear your mind and become more peaceful inside you'll be able to tune in your intuition. You have too much static right now. Keep trying different things. Find a place that works for you. Sometimes I have to take myself out of my environment. Oddly, the most peaceful places I find are cemetarys. We have alot of older historic ones around where I live that are on acres and acres. You can literally spend the day there. Maybe you can find a similar place?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
people who meditate usually have more psychic experience....they're more in tune with their "3rd eye" and can pick up more subliminal cues....at least i've found that.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
meditation takes practice. so, if you don't succeed at it--keep trying. don't force it, and don't judge yoruself either way.

but yes, i think we get in tune with universal consciousness, which then connects us to others. heck, it's how astral projection works too!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zoebird

meditation takes practice. so, if you don't succeed at it--keep trying. don't force it, and don't judge yoruself either way.

but yes, i think we get in tune with universal consciousness, which then connects us to others. heck, it's how astral projection works too!
yep....but i think that anyone who uses astral projection or even sometimes meditation should look into psychic protection as well. there are a number of excellent instruction books. astral projection is great but can open you up to lots of stuff.....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used to always have dreams that came true. It hasn't happened lately. Sometimes it was small things, like I would dream of all my teeth falling out and the next day I had a loose tooth. And some of it was really really accurate, but not at all useful. For example, I had a dream about this space station that looked really fake. It was set up like an airport with the list of destinations (planets) on a wall, and people standing in lines like an airport. Have you ever been on Space Mountain in Disney World? THAT was in my dream, and I had NEVER been to Disney World. I went a year later and was freaked out about the ride (my first roller coaster) but it felt so familiar that it calmed me down... really odd.

I've been spending a lot more time quietly trying to calm my mind down. I'm a Christian, and I find it helps me sort out all my thoughts and prayers. I wish the dreams could come back, maybe they will.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I recently had a dream come true. It wasn't anything big but enough to make me think, "wow." I had this poster lying on my floor for about two weeks, waiting to be hung up. Then one night I had this dream that I stepped on it and ruined it. When I woke up I thought to myself that I should put it up before that really does happen. Sure enough, a few hours after that dream I was walking into my dark room and I tripped on the poster and bent the edges up. I'm pissed and now, because I know I'll freak out about it if I don't, I'll have to buy the same poster again.

I have weird things happen between myself and other people occasionally, mostly with my girlfriend. Like thinking the same things at the same time or saying something right before she says it. I think I have the potential to do some of this really off-the-wall stuff if I tried. I used to meditate all the time, but now it's like my mind will not shut down. It's constantly going and I can't focus enough to get through two minutes of it. I had something happen to me while doing it once. I got so relaxed and my mind was just completely into the moment that I actually started feeling like I was high, like my body was just floating. Now I can't even get relaxed when I try it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Very often I will start talking about something (a very specific topic even) and my husband will say, "I was JUST thinking about that! How did you know?" I don't think it has anything to do with psychicness though, at least not in my case. I think we just have very similar thought patterns so something be both see or hear may remind us of the exact same thing, even if it seems pretty loosely related.

Now my daughter is another story. She's 3 and very close with my dad. One night she woke up and came into my bedroom crying and saying, "Papa sad! Papa sad!" I told her it was just a bad dream and not to worry about it. She didn't seem convinced but she eventually went back to sleep. The next morning my mom called and told me that my dad had been hunting at the mud flats and started getting a bad pain in his gut. Eventually it got so bad he crawled to another hunter's cabin to get help. It turned out he had advanced appendicitis and had to be emergency airlifted out for an appendectomy (you can't drive on the mud flats). My daughter was napping in another room while I talked to my mom, and after she woke up I told her, "I just want you to know that Papa is ok now. He was sad but now he's ok." And she rubbed her tummy and said, "Yeah, tummy hurt." I just about choked on my own tongue when she said that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts