VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of the end of today, I declare MY LAST DAY OF BINGE EATING!

Starting tomorrow I am to eat sensibly and normally because I KNOW I CAN DO IT!!

Never again will I let myself go like I did this day and consume 5000 calories...

now I don't have to worry anymore. This is the end, the last day of my eating disorder *sigh*

Yay!

Be happy for me, because I'm on a new road to recovery!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks.

Today all I've had was spagetti and (vegan) soy meatballs and half a cup of green peas... I feel happy because from now on I will eat sensibly and in control of myself

(No more Krispy Kreme for me)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucine View Post

Thanks.

Today all I've had was spagetti and (vegan) soy meatballs and half a cup of green peas... I feel happy because from now on I will eat sensibly and in control of myself

(No more Krispy Kreme for me)
That isn't very much food. Not eating enough throughout the day is recipe to binge in the evening. Be sure your are eating 5-6 times throughout the day.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSiren View Post

That isn't very much food. Not eating enough throughout the day is recipe to binge in the evening. Be sure your are eating 5-6 times throughout the day.

Good Luck!
No, no no nooo....

not for the entire day! lol

Just for lunch

I woke up today at noon and ate at 2

I'm gonna eat dinner and a small, HEALTHY snack later

but no more

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Good for you. I totally understand where you're coming from because I've struggled with binge eating for a few years now. I'm finally getting to where it's under control. I have to be really careful though. I've had three times since the new year when I've binged and when that happens, I have to forgive myself and not let it continue. What I tend to do is I feel like I've blown it and I just start binging every day because I'm so mad at myself. I'm getting to where I can just get right back on the wagon when I mess up, which is a big step for me. And I'm not messing up as often. Whereas before it was every day, now I mess up maybe every 10 or so days on average. But you have to remember that it's a process and you have to forgive yourself and don't get so bummed about messing up that you give up hope. You can do it and so can I!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yesterday went well, just as planned...

I ate sensibly and normally, and actually out of GENUINE hunger

I think I averaged about 2200 calories though... which was okay because I DID go out and walked a lot... hmm

But I'm getting better

God most of you will not believe how hard this is

It's not noticeable until you actaully have it yourself

I wish for once I could just forget that I have problems with eating and be normal

Sometimes I can, but usually it all comes back to me... the moment I take the first bite

"Oh yeah, I have an ED, remember? (*freak out*)"

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgirl View Post

Good for you. I totally understand where you're coming from because I've struggled with binge eating for a few years now. I'm finally getting to where it's under control. I have to be really careful though. I've had three times since the new year when I've binged and when that happens, I have to forgive myself and not let it continue. What I tend to do is I feel like I've blown it and I just start binging every day because I'm so mad at myself. I'm getting to where I can just get right back on the wagon when I mess up, which is a big step for me. And I'm not messing up as often. Whereas before it was every day, now I mess up maybe every 10 or so days on average. But you have to remember that it's a process and you have to forgive yourself and don't get so bummed about messing up that you give up hope. You can do it and so can I!
What do you eat when you binge? How much? I'm just curious, because people's ideas of bingeing are often different... some people will eat a few cashew nuts because they are stressed out and call that a binge. Hahaha

That's a percentage of a SNACK for me... on a normal day

I am glad I have someone to understand (man listen to me I sound like such a wimp now)

You seem to mess up as often as I do... every 10 days or so... that's not good but I'm appreciative of the understanding and relation you have w/ me

Thank you

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Perhaps going into "how much" type conversations are not appropriate? I certainly think such dialogue could prove to be triggereing to someone with an ED.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
congrats lucine! sounds like you are doing really good. binging totally sucks and is such an awful feeling. it boggles my mind how i go from one extreme to the other either restricting or binging. i have a problem with eating out and not knowing the calorie count of something. if i have one meal at a restaurant then i'm like "screw it" and the rest of the day binge and just lose control.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucine View Post

What do you eat when you binge? How much? I'm just curious, because people's ideas of bingeing are often different... some people will eat a few cashew nuts because they are stressed out and call that a binge. Hahaha

That's a percentage of a SNACK for me... on a normal day

I am glad I have someone to understand (man listen to me I sound like such a wimp now)

You seem to mess up as often as I do... every 10 days or so... that's not good but I'm appreciative of the understanding and relation you have w/ me

Thank you
Oh, believe me, I'm not talking about a few cashew nuts as a binge. I won't mention amounts here, but I'll send you a pm. I certainly can understand what you're going through and I so often wish I could be normal.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

congrats lucine! sounds like you are doing really good. binging totally sucks and is such an awful feeling. it boggles my mind how i go from one extreme to the other either restricting or binging. i have a problem with eating out and not knowing the calorie count of something. if i have one meal at a restaurant then i'm like "screw it" and the rest of the day binge and just lose control.
OMG me too... restaurants are still so hard for me, I struggle a lot with not eating all of the monstrous portion sizes they serve me...

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
OMG me too... restaurants are still so hard for me, I struggle a lot with not eating all of the monstrous portion sizes they serve me...

exactly! i sometimes eat it all to the point where i feel sick, full and bloated. i think one reason i do it is because i've gotten into the habit of restricting and eating the exact same things over and over for months that once i have something different i'm like "omg this food is amazing" and just cant stop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.